Sign in to follow this  
Eddy25

Strange Connection Problem

Hi,i have a strange problem.

When i try to join in a King of the hill server i have this issue.

I made a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg6_-Guc3eE&feature=youtu.be

(At 0:56 skip to 2:08)

The mission files stop downloading and then the connection crash.

If i want to rejoin in the same server,it disappear like in the video.

This happens only in very populated server.

It's like a old problem that my teammate try to solve for me in ArmA 2,four years ago.

Here the post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?73554-ARMA2-amp-OA-s-Steam-Thread-All-Steam-Q-s-discussions-go-here-covered-by-Dwarden&p=1813187#post1813187 (Never Solved,Never Played.)

Can you help me?

Thank you.

So this happens only on highly populated servers? Are you sure about that?

But seriously? a 100+ slot server? That is asking for trouble. ArmA 3 is not made to withstand that..... even BF3 has reasons why is does not go above 64 players and that's a highly optimised game. ArmA 3 isn't.

And if this problem also happens on other servers, then it might be your router blocking packets from the server.

So this happens only on highly populated servers? Are you sure about that?

But seriously? a 100+ slot server? That is asking for trouble. ArmA 3 is not made to withstand that..... even BF3 has reasons why is does not go above 64 players and that's a highly optimised game. ArmA 3 isn't.

And if this problem also happens on other servers, then it might be your router blocking packets from the server.

For now,it happens only in "Hostile Takeover" servers with +30 people inside.For example,i'm now playing in a "Hostile Takeover" server but with only 15/20 players and it works.

The 100 slots server was a example.

I remember that one day it happens in the private server of my clan. I rebooted the router and it works.

So i don't know now.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

I have a new information.

I tried to join into the server where i was playing before,so i have already download the file mission but now it's full of player (69/70)

When i join in,it says "No message received (1,2,3 etc)" with red chains and then disconnect.

It's very like a the old problem with ArmA 2 (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?73554-ARMA2-amp-OA-s-Steam-Thread-All-Steam-Q-s-discussions-go-here-covered-by-Dwarden&p=1813187#post1813187)

To explain the problem to you:

1. Cause of the mission file receiving failure: server too busy, sending wrong data.

2. Cause of "no message received" after getting the mission file: server too busy too.

(optional) 3. the server might be too busy because of the way the mod is coded? "Hostile takeover" is maybe a mod still in development and buggy?

To explain the problem to you:

1. Cause of the mission file receiving failure: server too busy, sending wrong data.

2. Cause of "no message received" after getting the mission file: server too busy too.

(optional) 3. the server might be too busy because of the way the mod is coded? "Hostile takeover" is maybe a mod still in development and buggy?

Hostile Takeover is a gamemode.

I don't know,i have this problem and all my teammates not.

Any other idea?

Do you have any things in your arma that your friends do not have? Like launch parameters for example.

Do you have any things in your arma that your friends do not have? Like launch parameters for example.

The only difference between my friend is the internet connection. I use a WiFi connection (i have an antenna outside my house) of a private company,my friends use ADSL so i think that the problem is this.

Edited by Eddy25

Never game on wifi :) It is very unreliable and slow....

Never game on wifi :) It is very unreliable and slow....

3533320098.png

98751251.png

(from Italy)

I don't have any problem to play online with wifi,ping is good,packetloss around 0%-1%,all games work well.

I have this problem in ArmA only.

Edited by Eddy25

Very thanks for the amazing support but i fix it by myself.

It was the antivirus that cause a problem with ArmA.

Anyway today i created a new folder profile with the same file of my old profile,because i don't want to change name all time (i play Breaking Point too).

I don't know why but the game has resetted all commands and the rank 18 with 23k$ on Hostile Takeover.

Now i have to starting afresh...

Thanks again for the support and for the game,developed with feet.

A monkey would do it better. :icon_eek: