Sign in to follow this  
DarkSpawn

Linux server

Now that ofp has gotten its improved netcode and has gotten ridden of a few bugs with the release of resistance, I think it is time to take the next step in making this game even more popular than it is.

To do this you need a better server admining community, and you need a linux binary. Nothing bad about the windows server, but it does crash quite often, and it requires more resources from the server. I am running a coupple of cs-servers and I am hanging a lot around in the server admin community, and it is really something the ofp community should strive to become. I know cs is a lot bigger than ofp, but to get a better community is the right step to take.

To be more precise I miss, along with a linux server (not through wineX or something like that mind you), far better faq's for how to set up a server. The faq's need to be step by step, and they need to contain all possible server variables, and btw, they need to be located somewhere easy to find. A pure server-admin site would be the logical location. (And btw. if you do release a linux-server, be sure to separate the forums for w32 and linux)

Having a large thriving community is the best way of advancing the game throughout the gaming world.

That said, I am very happy with the improvements made in resistance, and I am looking forward to further improvements in future updates.

P.S

Just to add something that has annoyed me, the aid-defence vehicles, like shilka, and vulcan, should be much more powerful at close range. A hind hanging over a vulcan at 100 meters when the vulcan is manned, should be blotted out of the sky very easily, after all, the choppers have a range advantage on these vehicles, so a chopper pilot moving to close should be made to pay for it very easily.