Sign in to follow this  
martuk66

Battleye Arma 2 vanilla/free problems

Have the BE master servers been stopped for Arma 2 Free/Vanilla?

I can resolve "arma2oa1.battleye.com" okay but i assume Arma 2 vanilla uses another host name. All my other OA / DayZ / A3 servers are fine, just 2 vanilla/free servers that report BE master failure to update and admins are unable to kick via BEC other than through rcon.

Thanks for any help!

Update ... okay i can ping "arma21.battleye.com" on the server okay so i assume the master server is still up - anyone know what would cause this problem??? please ... anyone ???

It may be related to discontinuation of ArmA2 free :

Bohemia Interactive, the award-winning independent Czech development studio, announces today the planned discontinuation of Arma 2 Free.

On Tuesday 22nd April 2014, nearly 3 years after its first announcement, Bohemia Interactive will be closing the Arma 2 Free servers and discontinuing its availability, Bohemia Interactive wish to thank the many thousands of gamers for their interest in Arma 2 Free and look forward to new projects in the future.

Thanks for that! ... can't believe i missed the announcement :k:

Further to this - would the normal Arma 2 servers no longer be supported as well? How would the master servers differentiate between a free server and a normal server ... slightly confused as to why battleye master servers have been stopped because of this.

Further to this - would the normal Arma 2 servers no longer be supported as well? How would the master servers differentiate between a free server and a normal server ... slightly confused as to why battleye master servers have been stopped because of this.

yep it would be nice if someone from battleye can confirm that they either have an issue or they have stopped it, it would save us admins a lot of work as all my other servers are running ok apart from the a2 servers

I'm sorry for the downtime, the BE Master should be back online now.

I'm sorry for the downtime, the BE Master should be back online now.

Thanks $able !!! :yay: