Sign in to follow this  
Harbinger-TG-

Weapon accuracy

Ok ive noticed this again in RES, as i did with the 1.60 beta...ALL SCOPED GUNS ARE INACCURATE.

Im leaning over a hill edge weapon clearly above the ground, i shoot, i hit ground....i aim higher, i hit ground. this is for g36 augs and other scoped weapons..its not as prominant with m21s or dragons but its off none the less.

THX

HARB

Keep in mind that the bullet comes from the barrel of the gun, and your scope is mounted above this. Sometimes you can see over a hill or other obstruction with the scope but the remainder of your gun is still "buried" in the ground. Try crawling forward a little more and using freelook to check the barrel of the gun. As long as its peeking over the mountain and clear of obstructions, you should be in business.

If you're sniping and need to stay stealhy, try finding a bush or some other cover instead of firing from the top of the hill. This way you can avoid shooting the ground entirely, and you have a little extra concealment. Guys sitting at tops of hills are pretty easy to spot, but ones hiding among bushes or other objects are more difficult to recognize.

Jonas Bane

There's Love Inside

yeah i know that....thats why im posting...because the barrel is clearly over the ground...im aiming like a half inch above the target and still shooting the ground

You might think you are over that hill but the comp says otherwise...and the comp wins.

Move up and over the lip of the hill if you are aiming down. The problem is lack of cover or concealment unless you stick your but in a bush. Otherwise on a hill you are just highlining yourself. Move over the hill and down so you have some concealment or cover.

this happens with and with out hills...lying down standing and crouched...anywhere from pointblank[0-10m] to long range way out there. i do not have to be cresting a lip...i can be standing on it.

This has nothing to do with me trying to hide, but everything with using a higher vantage point.  But the problem does exist even on level terrain.

Say im covering from high ground[no lip, or simialr dround blockage] on a map ive played a million times from 1.3 to 1.60 and 1.75; only 1.60 and 1.75 are my shots so far off i might as well use a rocket.

NOTE: please do not judge my skills by my amount of foum posts here. I only post bugs and probs ive found. I been playing and testing since the euro release and demo days...so i would greatly appreciate any help.

thx again,

HARB

Harb, i had a simular problem with mine since i installed resis..

if you look at my post in trouble shooting. Believe it or not it was cause by a face addon that i had installed,it caused f.a.d.e. to be activated. I removed the addon by deleting the user folder,re-installed ofp and patches,re-installed resist.. and now it shoots on target everytime,also try aiming a law or get in a tank and target something , i bet all of them will be shooting low...try what i did and let me know if it works...

rgr that looking now

couldnt find your post...but man if i have to reinstall again because of a face addon thats whack