Sign in to follow this  
douglasdandrade

Can`t use numpad keys properly

Hi,

I use a laptop that have a numpad and the Pgdn, PgUp and Home keys are on it, and I can use them by just pressing NumLock. I would post a image of the keyboard, but I`m not allowed to post links yet.

But the Arma 2 don`t recognize them, it sees the keys as 3, 9 and 7 doesn`t matter the NumLock activated or not.

I know that the problem is the Arma 2 because I can`t bind any of the keys on the Options>Controls menu (tried this on Arma 2, OA and the beta, i doesn`t work in any of these). I`ve already took the steam community overlay off and tried lots of things, but the problem persist.

It`s a very very annoying problem because I need the keys to use a custom building system. I use the Arma 2, Arma 2 OA and dayz Epoch mod only.

Thanks in advance.

No ideas whatsoever?

Tried to switch the language input to english, tried to use the windows On-screen Keyboard to input the keys. I've thought that it would be a problem with my kind of keyboard, and the game doesn't accept its inputs or anything like it, and I tried to change the windows assignment of another key to pagedown for a test. Neither of it worked.

I've ran out of ideas, but I'll not give up. :D

I kinda solved my problem, got an external keyboard and it worked good. So the problem is how the game "sees" the keys I'm pressing.

I'd still prefer to use my laptop keyboard but it's a solution.

Just replying so other people that might have this problem can find this workaround.

I kinda solved my problem, got an external keyboard and it worked good. So the problem is how the game "sees" the keys I'm pressing.

I'd still prefer to use my laptop keyboard but it's a solution.

Just replying so other people that might have this problem can find this workaround.

Hey this post was helpful as I have been experiencing the same thing. My laptop does not have page up and down keys. In hopes to be helpful to someone in the future, I have found out the pressing FUNCTION (Fn) with the up or down arrows effectively work as the page up and page down keys respectively.

IE: I can move a wall in DayZ Epoch up and down by pressing Fn+Arrow Up or Fn+Arrow Down.

I created an account here to post this. Hope all is well.