Sign in to follow this  
-LTac- Imperator

lineIntersectsWith Issues

I am having some issues with the lineIntersectsObjs & lineIntersectsWith command within the API, it seems to be really picky about the type of objects it returns - is anyone aware what kind of objects it does return? It doesnt seem to return either soldiers or helper objects such as "Sign_Sphere10cm_F".

Essentially i tested this by putting a start point and an end point and an object between the two and then returned the array.

I really don't want to have to write my own function to check if a vector intersects a volume, but may have to if this does not work as expected as its rather vital to a script im working on at the moment.

Any help will be appreciated!

Make sure that you're using ASL position format - ie. you're using getPosASL to pass positions to the functions. You can see how to convert via this page.

Other than that, I'd make sure that you're not ignoring that object which you want to be checking, and that the flags on lineIntersectsObjs are configured correctly.

AFAIK the lineIntersects commands ignore living entities and helpers don't have any geometry so they are ignored too..