Sign in to follow this  
Alkaline4rich2001

Ruskies overpower

On the third mission of Resistance, where you have to steal the tanks, is there a best tactic for e.g. going on your own or with squad! Thanks

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ruskies overpower, help<span id='postcolor'>

Hahaha, well yeah, you are a resistance force, you're going to be overpowered. Didn't you listen? This is impossible.

Anyway, try sneaking up into the gunners seat of a tank (prefferably not a paper-thin BMP) and wasting all the AI gunners, then the rest of the guys. Also make sure to get the reinforcements from the castle. Then call in your friends. It's not what I did, to be honest, but I lost a lot of my squad.

This has been discussed before (link at the bottom of the page).

This is how I completed this mission:

Take a dragunov sniper rifle. Choose to go on your own and head more or less directly for the base. I stopped when I was near enough to get a good hit on that man guarding the BMP. Take this guy out. There are two other men walking around that base who also come into easy sniping range and don't seem to bother too much avbout the dead guy. There are also two men who walk around the lower rim of the mountain, I took them out after the base below was clean. I saved at this point - the next bit can be tricky and you may want to redo it if you get a bad outcome. Keep prone and head for the base - it helps being sly because if you set the upper base off all hell breaks loose. Call in your men; they can take a while (I found it was useless getting into the tank as gunner, because I got pounded by RPGs, but mostly because my men died when these troops come out of the forest - it was easier to kill them on foot), Don't set off the alarm until the last minute. I hid near the BMP, because my men needed protecting from ai super-shots. Tell all your men to board the tanks - I left the BMP and the two trucks. As soon as your men are in the tanks it becomes much easier because they do do a lot of the killing. Once the place is desolate just leave in the T-80 (you should have three men in two T-72s and two in another), I found the aledged soviet reinforcements did not arrive. Probably because I pretty impatient. Plain sailing from here on: watch out for the two tanks though - the ground is really slanted and it's hard to switch seats to gunner!

Hope this helps - not an easy mission, but the next ones (IMHO) are a bit more fun.

Here is the URL for the other conversation about the same topic.

Use the link Cyberdyne provided if the conversation needs to continue further.

In future search before posting, kinda why Ex-Ronin went to the effort of making a pinned topic saying search before posting smile.gif