Sign in to follow this  
ShadowKi--er

A bug or part of the story line?

Hey,

I'm in the mission where you have to hold a captured base from a tank onslaught. At the end of the mission a couple of helicopters fly in, and you have to run for it. I've ran into a little problem ammo-wise. It seems like I've lost all my ammo that I got from the convoy early in the game. While it doesn't really matter in this part of the game, I'm going to have troubles in the next major battle. The problem first appeared after I completed the tank missions. Is this a bug, or does the ammo get left behind as I progress through the game? Thanks.

Yes, I lost all of my weapons on that mission too. This is a known problem and you could've found more threads concerning this. The only thing to do is to revert to the last mission (the one where you have to capture the outpost and base) again. This is a pain but it's the only way to get your weapons and ammo back.

I am just not used to having to carry weapons and ammo from previous missions, guess I´ll have to start the campaign all over again.

A Bizon, Dragonov, and some RPGs are the more useful items you get from that convoy mission. You can certainly get by without them if you are able to scavenge them from later missions. I like to equip the last few guys of my squad with just an AK and four clips, leaving them room to pick up other useful goodies after a firefight.

When you're playing the convoy mission, its best to use RPGs on the armor leading and behind the trucks. Have one of your guys target the BMP and have two go after the T-72. I put three guys with RPGs in the rocks to the south of the ambush point, and three more guys armed with MGs and AKs on the northern rocks. This way, the RPG team can take out the armor while the second team has a good vantage point to eliminate the infantry that comes out of the trucks.

When the other tanks come to investigate, move your ambush up a few hundred meters so you don't end up blowing up the trucks in the resulting carnage. If you have guys to spare, you can have them drive off with the trucks before the tanks arrive. This gives you plenty of time to sort out equipment away from the scene of the crime, and you don't have to worry out the infantry patrol ruining your little shopping spree.

Jonas Bane

There's Love Inside

As you've now realised you should use the search engine.

This problem has been reported a few times smile.gif