Sign in to follow this  
FortyEight

BP Mercenary Corps [Realism] [Coop & PvP]

Are you sick and tired of living in condemned military barracks?

Does your meager government salary not make ends meet?

Do you enjoy high paying and rewarding military work without getting yelled at for your uniform being out of regulations?

Do deployments to exotic islands excite you?

If so, Beck’s Privateers want you!

eAVcc59.png

Beck's Privateers believe in creating a community and an environment that encourages merit, camaraderie and success. We believe in ensuring that our members are able to guide how we grow and develop. We believe that our leadership is here for the members and will always make decisions that benefit the members. We strive to provide a unique experience that no other Arma 3 community can achieve.

Overview

Beck’s Privateers was started in December 2012 as a DayZ mod clan. Since then we have expanded into DayZ Standalone, Space Engineer’s and now Arma 3. We are a very strong and highly active community that strives to ensure that our members are treated fairly, given respect and most importantly, have fun. We operate very differently from other "Multi-gaming" clans in that, the Arma 3 leadership is completely independent from the DayZ leadership. Although we communicate and share ideas, a DayZ leader in Arma 3 is equivalent to a regular Arma 3 member and visa versa.

Currently, we have our own TeamSpeak, forums and Arma 3 Server. We are a realistic unit that does not necessarily stress military rank, but values order and discipline. We want our operations to be successful and do everything in our power to complete our objectives. Thus, we want our members to be successful, and will do everything in our power to ensure that possibility. We will never shun a member for having a life and needing time off from the game; we will welcome you back just like you never left. We never punish members for speaking their mind or going against the grain but we do punish members for violating our rules and constitution.

Members are able to sign up for individual squads under their preferred leader or are allowed to float around and play in any available spot of their choosing. You might play a Riflemen one day, and the next an Engineer or truck driver. You won't be confined to a single position if you don't want to be.

What We Do

We have bi-monthly Campaign missions, these missions range from guerrilla to conventional full-scale war.

We do a weekly PvP day, where everyone gets to blow off steam against each other.

We have a financial system to complement our campaign that rewards squads for playing during the week and creating unofficial operations. With your squad bank account you can purchase vehicles, fortifications and static weapons to assist your team in accomplishing the mission.

We host a lot of impromtu weekday missions where we play Patrol Ops, MCC or Zeus. This may also expand over into random PvP days as well.

Every operation is posted well in advance of when it is to take place in order to ensure that members are given as much information as early as possible.

Application Requirements

We do not have any experience requirements for applicants; all that we ask is that you meet the following requirements:

-Be older than 18 years old

-Have a working microphone

-Have TeamSpeak

-Be mature and respectful

How to Join

Please visit becks-privateers.com to fill out an application form and/or chat with a recruiter! We enjoy playing with new people even if they aren't a member of the clan yet, so come join us on TeamSpeak: Becks-Privateers.com

If you are having trouble finding where to post an application, Look at the to the "The Gig" headline, navigate to Applications then Arma III applications. Read the sticky post and start a new topic. Make sure you fill out the application completely!

After your application has been accepted, come join us for an operation or just hang out in our TeamSpeak and get to know your leadership and fellow Privateers!

Open Positions:

-Infantry

-Medics

-Pilots

-Drivers/Gunners/Logistics

-Pilots

We are also recruiting on the creative side of Arma and are definitely looking for members who have an interest in scripting, mission making and playing as Zeus.

Availability times

We have members that hail from the U.S. to Holland to Australia so We always have members on our server for you to play with! Our peak playing time is approximately 1500 EST to 0200 EST every day of the week. Operations will be posted in our forums and members are encouraged to check our forums frequently.

Mods

Currently we require the use POMI PMC, Task Force ArrowHead Radio, Community Base Addons and ShackTac Fire Team, VTS Weaponresting, LIFTER for Arma 3, Boeing/SOAR MH-47E Chinook. Our server supports JSRS 2.1 sound pack and Blastcore A3, however these are not required but highly encouraged. Our website has information with regards to where to get our mods and how to install them. You can always ask someone in TeamSpeak to help you as well. While we consider adding more mods that are well polished and functional, we are trying to stick with a smaller, core-group of mods so we have less troubleshooting that prohibits any players from joining us!

Training

We currently do not require any sort of formal training; however that may be subject to change in the future. We do require that any pilot complete a basic and combat qualification before you are allowed to fly. Details on this can be found after you are accepted.

Testimonials

This what a few of our members have to say about Beck's Privateers:

Mr Solo Dolo:

A testimonial can only start with some background information. I have been a part of Beck's Privateers for about 2 years. I ended up temporarily leaving as Beck's Privateers left the DayZ mod community. I came back about a couple months ago with arms wide open. This group is huge but allows nobody to be left out. I'm glad I can be part of such an awesome group. Whether it be relaxing with fellow players in Cherno or enacting semi-realism OPs in Elektro, every member has a purpose. I hope to see many more people in Chernarus sharing the same "BP" tag!

HKR_er

Hey all,

It's been a couple of weeks since I've joined the privateers.

I'd like to say, it's been amazing ever since day 1!

The guys that are usually on are super friendly and helpful.

I play pretty often so I get what I put in, running ops with people.

DayZ doesn't have a high learning curve, so everyone should

adjust just fine, and with everyone's help it will be a breeze for

all the new comers.

At the same time, I would say breaking hard & simple rules is

definitely frowned upon. Most, if not all, of us like to keep within

the boundary of the rules like the ROE.

All in all, i'm super satisfied with [bP]!! I would encourage you

to join us if you are:

- easy going person

- take criticism well/positively

- work well with people

- like to have fun

- want to be a HERO-type player.

Tis been great so far, thanks to all the fellow [bP] members

I've played with. cheers

HRK_er

Tactical Bear

I think it's fair to say that playing with BP is epic when you catch yourself saying "I got to go to work in a hour" when you see the sun come up over the horizon multiple times a week!

Kreso

I started playing DayZ standalone after watching Frankies videos on youtube like a lot of other guys. First few days i got killed, tortured and all that. I started looking for someone to play with and i found Becks Privateers. Applied, accepted, and from then it is fantastic. Great group of guys and girls helping each other, having fun and helping others. After some time they hooked me up on Arma 3. As I was a total noob at that game they gave me some training, tips and everything. After coming home from long night shift i hop on TS to see what is new because there is always someone playing. We are a worldwide comunnity! Some guys left for some time, but were accepted back like they never left. As some of them said: "Once a BP always a BP"!

Looking forward to play with you guys for a looooong time!

Chow

Anyone can group up with a bunch of chuckle-heads and run to an airbase to collect gear. But few actually find their way to a group that has that and much more. I was fortunate enough to be accepted to the Privateers after running around with some members on teamspeak. This is the first Clan I applied to after searching for a couple weeks for a group that fits to my playstyle. And I have found a home. What sets us apart from the rest is a camaraderie that allows us to play at a whole different level. I have met some awesome peeps here and honestly couldn't dream of not playing....no...not being a part of this fine group of individuals.

Put your big boy pants on, check your ego at the door, and come play with the best Chernarus has to offer.

Thank you for considering Beck’s Privateers as your Private Military Company of choice.

-1st Mate FortyEight, Head Arma 3 Recruiter

Edited by FortyEight

Update as of 05-07-2014.

Our campaign begins Saturday, 05-10-2014 at 1700 EST. If you want to join us in our campaign, put in an Application today! Our server has started to become quite popular with Patrol Ops. Check it out some time!

Search for our server name: [bP] Private Military Company Realism - becks-privateers.com

And a little bit more. enticement check out our first Arma 3 video!

This is last weekend's PMC training on Patrol Ops, check out the view from our overwatch team!

In other news, congratulations to the following members for being promoted: Dutch from Cabin Boy to Bos'n, Sirthus from Cabin Boy to Bos'n and Khellus from Press Ganged to Swabbie. Keep up the good work gentlemen!

I would also like to welcome our newest members in the last two weeks: Press Ganged Capt Sprinkles, Press Ganged Istirus, Press Ganged BareN, Press Ganged Meatus, Press Ganged Halfbrick, Press Ganged Colin Towel, Press Ganged Kreso, Press Ganged Banshee, and Press Ganged iRaimy.

Edited by FortyEight

Update as of 05-22-2012

We have completed two missions in the prelude to our Campaign. Our campaign is on temporary pause this weekend as I am extremely busy with school and need to squeeze some time in to get on the editor. Instead we have scheduled an operation for almost every day of the week. So jump on get to know us! This is to include rolling out our custom-made PvP scenarios which we will be hosting on a weekly or biweekly basis based on popularity.

Check out a couple new videos to recap the last two weeks:

Hello everyone!

A quick update on the happenings of Beck's Privateers:

We are steadily getting our Campaign going, working out bugs with scripting and looking at implementing new mods to enhance the immersion into Arma 3. We have completed several missions for our Campaign, as well as, getting side missions going during the week. We successfully completed our Team Death Matches and are hosting a weekly PvP day every Tuesday.

Come check us out and play with us! You won't regret it!

*UPDATE 06/07/2014* I apologize that I haven't added this earlier, our website has been down since just after I bumped this. I have been very sort on time this week, thus I haven't had time to update this post. I do not know when our website will be back up and running. It is run from a different host from our TeamSpeak and Arma 3 server and we currently cannot reach the host. I invite anyone who shows interest in us to join our TeamSpeak at address: becks-privateers.com

Again I apologize for the website outage!

*UPDATE 06/11/2014* Our website is officially up and running again! We were finally able to transfer our website to a different host that is more reliable. Come check us out!

Edited by FortyEight