hkurban

Unable to retexture Nikos (Formal)?

So I figured people might want to have access to more formally dressed units for use as VIPs, Politicians, Police, Military Dress Uniforms, etc. While eventually I hope to model my own from scratch, for the time being, I wanted to use the Nikos (Formal) as a base model and retexture it. I use the usual hidden selections technique outlined in the Character Modding tutorial, which has worked for me in the past, but with the Nikos (Formal) body, I cannot get the texture to change to my own on the new character.

I opened up the Nikos config, and it seems the hidden selection is not utilized, as the default hidden selection is

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\A3\characters_f\civil\data\c_poloshirt_3_co.paa"};

which doesn't have any relevance to the default texture of the unit. Is this unit un-retexturable? If so, that seems like a poor decision or oversight, as there could be a lot of versatility if we weren't limited to just a pink-shirted jean-panted version.

\a3\characters_f\Civil\c_nikos.p3d

has no camo define in the model so settexture will not work on it

I know this is a bit late, however, editing the formal uniform is possible. As it is a model it needs a texture, its just annoying how BI hid it in amongst other files. The texture location is "characters_f_epc\Civil\Data\nikos_aged_wear_co.paa".

only problem is the settexture command dosnt allow the change