Sign in to follow this  
marshmanguy

How do you beat first strike?!

I CAN"T DO IT! I place my guys as best i can and they kill us. I placed them on the hill near the houses, I tried on the huge ciff, and I tried the edge of the forest on the hill. In all cases I placed at least six mines. My guys open up and kill about 3 tanks on the first set then maybe one or two then they all die. I put myself in the crappy t-55 with one guy with mines plant them then find a nice shooting spot. Then all my guys don't report in and drop of my command list and its just me. Last time I was killed by a BMP, A BMP! Could someone please give me a working strategy and a tip or two please? confused.gif

Hey guys im in desperate need of help here. There have been views but no response. Is that why all the Campaign Walkthroughs only go to mission 6? No one's beatin First Strike?

you didn't wait long before bumping.

Anyway is Firsy Strike the one where you have about 8 tanks (not all under direct control) and where you engage a huge force of Soviet Tanks?

If so what I did is I got in the T55 and by the edge of the forest there is a small hill separating both roads - I told my two tanks to hold just at the bottom of the hill by the group of trees - then the other tanks fell in behind offering support - well the first wave of tanks came by and I am not joking the first tank got about 5 SABOTs lol - then my men just mopped up - it was odd as we had cover and didnt engage over a long range - was about 100metres and therefore we did massive damage with multiple SABOT round strikes on the tank group - we outnumbered them due to nature of the terrain - and when the men came over the hill they were killed quickly - and when the second wave proceeded the other way agaoin the same thing happened - we were able to engage them one or two at a time with all the tanks and so killed them quickly - didnt use any mines or anything.

I ended up losing about 3 tanks and one of the BMP's

If you were in such a desperate need for help how come you didn't bother to do a search?

I just searched and immediately found two threads about the same mission one and two, next time don't be so lazy.