Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

I can't export missions

Last week, I tried to export a mission to the scenario section. It worked well, and the description screen was visible.

Now I did the same thing.

Problem is this: When I click ''Save as...'' and then click ''Export to singleplayer missions'', the game creates a NEW mission folder, meaning that the folder wont have the appropiate description files, cutscene files etc as in the original. But not only that: the folder changes its name to ''03%20-%20MOUNTAIN%20BLAST.Altis'''

WTF?

http://oi57.tinypic.com/10qgbk0.jpg (1135 kB)

the reason for this is your filename for the mission has spaces in it.

When you save the mission, the filename changes the engine adds %20 to each space and none of the scripts are carried over, just the mission.sqm

What am I supposed to do then if my mission is called ''Mountain Blast''?

Does it mean that I can't have a mission name with space in it?

Mountain_Blast

once you export it you can remove the underscore and leave a space, but for any development missions always use an underscore where a space could be

and ideally that should use a general convention, eg co_20_Mountain_Blast

for example a 20 player coop

Alright, but does that mean that the mission name inside the scenario box will show as ''Mountain_Blast'', or will it show as ''Mountain Blast''? Because I don't want underline to be visible in the mission selection screen.

if you do not define a briefing name (Description field in the editor intel window,) it will show up as the filename

If you do, it will show up as the Description you added.

The latter is very annoying for server admins who want all missions to follow their filename convention

For example if you did that, i would remove the Description entry, and edit the filename

After you have exported the mission, you can edit the filename, removing the spaces. The arma engine will load them mission perfectly well if you do this.

But keep the underscores in the mission editor version

Alright, thanks for the answer!