Sign in to follow this  
scottieo333

Item config how to?

Hi everyone, I'm kinda stuck getting a new item to work as i want it to. I have created the item in blender and loaded it into O2 but I'm not sure how it needs to be set up with LOD's and such as in which ones do i need?. This will be an item that can be picked up from the ground and placed into your inventory. Right now it will not have any use as I'm just learning the basics for setting up addons and getting them to work. I have looked around for some tutorials but they all seem to focus on weapons and structural objects which helps to a certain extent. I also need to know what the config file would look like for it with it being an item that you pick up drop and store in your inventory if anyone could help with that. I tried to use a basic structure object config but got errors as did a config from the A3 addons weapons.pbo in the items folder so I'm guessing it may be the way i set things up in O2 that does not allow it to work with the config but I'm not sure as I'm pretty new to this. Thanks in advance for any help.

The first things, you'll need for beggining are the resolution LODs (1.000, 2.000, 3000 so on), a shadowVolume LOD (maybe also for diferent resolutions) and An Memory LOD, if you want to react with the thing in the model.cfg or the Config or in Scripts.

For more Information How2Make it, please look around in the Forum or the Web.

Mondkalb, one of the BIS developers, has made an Tutorial for Modelling beginners.

EDIT: Here is the link in English:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Mondkalb%27s_Addon_Tutorial

Edited by DerBiwi

Thanks for the reply bud. With the LODs it seems it roughly the same as a structure setup so that part i have covered but in relation to the link you posted that is for building a structure ( wall with a door ) not an item so the whole model.cfg and config.cpp in there is practically irrelevant as it does not explain for small items to pick up and place in your gear/inventory. Those are the specifics that i need for my addon as it is items not buildings that i have created.