Sign in to follow this  
CanVagabond

Keeping vehicles?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CanVagabond @ Aug. 25 2002,04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

1. The point of this thread was to see if I could get the vehicles I want such as a car or whatever by CHANCE, or as much as it would seem. Simply placing a vehicles in a neutral town or even in a town you assault, such as a car that you could keep would be interesting, but I"ve already gone through that, twice.

2. You don't need to be aware of starting units you can grab, since most are by fluke as it is, such as an earlier post about getting a T80.

There is game freedom in fixed missions, or haven't you noticed?<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, I understand your argument, but as I said, for me it would make no sense (and so would be not interesting for ME) to keep vehicles.

So we have 2 different arguments. Seems this is a draw <!--emo&wink.gif

And I don't forgot your topic because I mentioned that "keeping" vehicles seems only be limited possible. -> "Getting a T80 if you captured one or you will get a T55 instead" (but that is only very limited keeping of vehicles).

Ofcourse there is game freedom in fixed missions. You can finish a mission the way you like, but only with the equipment you have at the beginning of the mission (fixed by the guy who designed the mission). I am not talking about the weapon pool or the limited "vehicle keeping" I mentioned above because they are not so important for the start equipment as I see it.

I hope I have not gone too much off topic, but I find this discussion very interesting because it might be an important factor for further OFP versions. smile.gif

I don't think we should mind going off topic of the post, make another one, since it is really just a brain storm session sort of thing.

Draw it is then.