Sign in to follow this  
flux_tv

SQF File not showing up as "SQF" type.

Hello, so i'm extremely new to scripting & coding. I couldn't find the right topic to post in, so hopefully I'm in the right place.

I tried to create a simple respawn script which would allow me to respawn once i died, and so i put the script in the file im supposed to, which would be

in my mission file. I created a description.ext which had the code, and an init.sqf. Though, I watched a tutorial, and when the guy put "Sqf" on the end, the type of the file would change. Well,

Mine didn't. I had .sqf, but it said it was a text document. Please help, this has been happening quite alot, for quite a while.I also tried to respawn/die, and the script didn't work.

Thank you,

Generalshotz

Code: respawn = "base";

respawndelay = "5";

Edited by GeneralShotz

Hello, so i'm extremely new to scripting & coding. I couldn't find the right topic to post in, so hopefully I'm in the right place.

I tried to create a simple respawn script which would allow me to respawn once i died, and so i put the script in the file im supposed to, which would be

in my mission file. I created a description.ext which had the code, and an init.sqf. Though, I watched a tutorial, and when the guy put "Sqf" on the end, the type of the file would change. Well,

Mine didn't. I had .sqf, but it said it was a text document. Please help, this has been happening quite alot, for quite a while.I also tried to respawn/die, and the script didn't work.

Thank you,

Generalshotz

Code: respawn = "base";

respawndelay = "5";

Only description.ext should have this code.

respawn = "base";
respawndelay = "5";

To fix your files, open up windows explorer.

in this order..

Menu

Tools

Folder Options

View Tab

untick [ ] Hide Extensions for know file types.

Now rename your files from

init.sqf.txt

to

init.sqf

description.ext.txt

to

description.ext

and try again.

Also, try adding this line to your description.ext

saving = 0;

As you're new to scripting, I'll let you figure out what it does... ;)

Edited by Beerkan
Correction.Should be description.ext

Only init.sqf should have this code.

respawn = "base";
respawndelay = "5";

seriously???...for the past 13 years they've been instructing us to place it into the description.ext file, NOT the init :p

It's because it's actually placed in the description.ext and NOT the init.sqf. Look here for more info in general about the description.ext. And yes, you probably have file extensions disabled, so it's in fact a TXT document (init.sqf.txt), might want tochange that. You might want to head here for further scripting questions though, this is the wrong subforum :P

seriously???...for the past 13 years they've been instructing us to place it into the description.ext file, NOT the init :p
My bad. Post fixed. Point about fixing .txt files still stands though.