Sign in to follow this  
logitrust

spawn player on marker when joining MP (JIP)

Hey, any JIP(MP) scirpts that moves the player to a marker when joining the sever out there? for ex: (respawn_west)

No respawn on placed player position in editor.

Thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

For this example we have a tvt mp mission (blufor, opfor, indepenent and civ.)...

We need the units spawn when joining in progress on placed positions in editor for ex. "respawn_west" , but only after killed or "esc.respawn" they move to the respawn marker when doing nothing without

respawn = "BASE";

respawnDelay = 180;

for ex.

I read up in wiki and found that i could add this to the player init.

player setPos (getMarkerPos "respawn_east_01");

When using that with the description.exe respawn attributes all should be good i hoped.

respawn = "BASE";

respawnDelay = 180;

respawnDialog = 0;

respawnTemplates[] = {"MenuPosition"};

When using

player setPos (getMarkerPos "respawn_east_01");

It spawns the unit to its marker, but when jip player connect, all players on the faction are spawning back the marker you get when killed for ex. "respawn_west", so no go...

any tips on getting this globally in any way?

could

if (!isDedicated) then {
work?

or maybe

if (isServer) then {
?

all till now is failur. :-/

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

and why the hell is the MP multiplayer markers showing for all factions/sides when its set to "show side only"..?

and whats the deal with the

// 1 to execute respawn templates when a player joins the game. Available only for INSTANT and BASE respawn types.

respawnOnStart = 1;

does anyone get this to work at all? havnt seen any mission with the dialog showing up when joining a mission yet. :www: Edited by Logitrust

As for the teleporting to markers thing, try naming each player unit and calling that instead of just "player" i.e. p1, p2, p3. I'm not sure how you would make it detect which player had joined though.

Use eventhandler "killed" inside unit init, so basically it will work like:

if this unit was killed then setpos blablabla.

If you want to teleport player once he spawned make a script example.sqf where you will place setpos blablabla, and exec it in the init.sqf file.