Sign in to follow this  
Holden93

AI Stance question

Hello, yesterday I finished "Win" in the dev branch and I switched back to the normal branch today.

In one of the missions a squad is getting suppressed by the enemy and the AI uses cover and stances like the one we can use by pressing CTRL+A or D.

Is it scripted? Did they change their animation? If yes, since I never tried, do they automatically shoot if I tell them to switch to that animation?

Also, they never went prone but they could crouch and stand up.

It think it was scripted. And I remember some animations that could be the ones used in this mission. Check the animation viewer, I'm not sure which category though.

Thanks. It was cool to see that they used cover for real and didn't go prone like always.

Thanks. It was cool to see that they used cover for real and didn't go prone like always.

The AI has been able to effectively use and shoot from cover since Arma 2, it doesn't require any special scripting; just for their behavior to be set to "Combat" (which happens automatically even when they're in "Aware" when they come under effective fire)

The AI has been able to effectively use and shoot from cover since Arma 2, it doesn't require any special scripting; just for their behavior to be set to "Combat" (which happens automatically even when they're in "Aware" when they come under effective fire)

I meant in A3, to be honest I've never seen them using those "special" stances, it's rare enough if the lean for me.

By the way I tested, if we change their animation to one of those stances they succesfully turn around and shoot, I wish they used them without scripting though.

I meant in A3, to be honest I've never seen them using those "special" stances, it's rare enough if the lean for me.

By the way I tested, if we change their animation to one of those stances they succesfully turn around and shoot, I wish they used them without scripting though.

Sorry, yeah; that I can definitely agree with.. but I can also guarantee they do use the stances now and then. I have a half-assed script that positions units in "advantageous" overwatch positions and from there, occasionally I have seen them use the animations. But, these are locations that were tailored to their AI already, so the results don't replicate well on random positions they tend to end up in :(