Sign in to follow this  
j4you

CLI?..where is gone?

As you know this style of game is concentrated on the conquest, by the two factions, about all the cities available and or to the destruction the enemy's headquarters (MHQ).

It's obvious that the role of the various stations to build and protect it's vital, and the Commander, the only one whic can manage these resources,will possess a hight task and responsibility about typology of tattic and team strategy will have to perform .

Well!

There are a few servers in this discipline in MP, right now, and those few,they are set in such a way that the bases are already created in the map,that's mind unmovable,not MHQ,not stations buildings, and whitout a Commander,or come out whit the MHQ for use it like a virtual mobil box inventory but whitout possibility to building something,so castrating the game completely and turning it into a hybrid thing meaningless.

Now i ask you:

Why do it?.....It's possible then nobody have intrest to exploit to 360° this game?

The only Server then they are tring to do something positive about it they are WASP team...but still need time for fix some optimizations,but i agree then they are doing a great job!

But we can join even whit the default game in CLI....need only a nice server where enable all resource MHQ (in true really few filter clicks), and the game it's ready!...it's so hard?

There are so many servers for:

Altis Life mode ---Wasteland mode---Day_Z mode---Zeus mode---Frankenstein mode---Who spits farther mode.....como on!:www:......Where they are gone the veterans in this title?

Edited by j4you

There are plenty of people working on classic military content utilizing the new technology that Arma III and Zeus has brought us. Arma II had a ramp up time as well and it wasn't until Operation Arrowhead that things really kicked off for the game. Hopefully with the recently announced move to Steamworks we'll see Steam integration downloads for missions and mods, meaning that the average player doesn't have to worry about complex configuration steps but instead hits a server and is given all the content they need from Steam. This would be a huge step in bringing the community together and would open up more servers to more players.

If you are talking about the CTI gameplay (for Capture The Island, CLI would stand for Capture *le* Island :) ) there are 3 kinds of Maps:

- The TeeTime warfare and derivatives : usually no player's AI and protected Base ,no MHQ

- The WASP mission : Newest borned Warfare map, Still have some bug but migth be the one closest to what was warfare in A2 with Players AI MHQ and so on

- The BECTI missions and derivatives : MHQ based CTI with possibly base protection and variable number of AI per players. The servers hosting the mission migth be very different depending on the parameter used.

I won't give my opinion on which map is better because they are all different.

The best thing to do is to look around the servers until you find one that correspond to the gameplay you want to have, using "Capture The Island" in the mission type filter.

Cheers

There are plenty of people working on classic military content utilizing the new technology that Arma III and Zeus has brought us. Arma II had a ramp up time as well and it wasn't until Operation Arrowhead that things really kicked off for the game. Hopefully with the recently announced move to Steamworks we'll see Steam integration downloads for missions and mods, meaning that the average player doesn't have to worry about complex configuration steps but instead hits a server and is given all the content they need from Steam. This would be a huge step in bringing the community together and would open up more servers to more players.

...and?

I must to be enjoy for the....plenty of people or the average player?

...very strange answer to my question....but anyway...it's better then nothing!

...Long life to Zeus!:D

Thx!

If you are talking about the CTI gameplay (for Capture The Island, CLI would stand for Capture *le* Island :) ) there are 3 kinds of Maps:

- The TeeTime warfare and derivatives : usually no player's AI and protected Base ,no MHQ

- The WASP mission : Newest borned Warfare map, Still have some bug but migth be the one closest to what was warfare in A2 with Players AI MHQ and so on

- The BECTI missions and derivatives : MHQ based CTI with possibly base protection and variable number of AI per players. The servers hosting the mission migth be very different depending on the parameter used.

I won't give my opinion on which map is better because they are all different.

The best thing to do is to look around the servers until you find one that correspond to the gameplay you want to have, using "Capture The Island" in the mission type filter.

Cheers

I know what mind CTI,my mistake,but thx for letting me present my writing error!

So! You're telling me, that is enough to use the famous switch filter with the magic words CTI... and uallà! ... that's it?

Why did i not think it before?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but if I open on purpose thread in BIS forum ,just for to read these answers, it means that maybe you think then i am a casual gamer,to say the least,and after 13 years then i follow this titles...i feel slightly amused!

Ok!...I give up ... the Sim-Mil it's going to die whit ArmA III ...but it does not surprise me,not more after the last patchs!

It has been a great experience share these opinions with you,and sorry for the banality about my question ! :wave:

Regards

Edited by j4you

Well sorry Mr 13 years for trying to be constructive; but if you have so much experience why not try to open the editor and make your own mission?

The only thing I can see from you is a waste of energy. One that does nothing but complaining is not one that should give lessons.

Regards

Well sorry Mr 13 years for trying to be constructive; but if you have so much experience why not try to open the editor and make your own mission?

The only thing I can see from you is a waste of energy. One that does nothing but complaining is not one that should give lessons.

Regards

Infact i saied sorry for mine banality post...and thx again for you wise advice...your suggestions are always welcome!:rofl:

Edited by j4you

...and?

I must to be enjoy for the....plenty of people or the average player?

...very strange answer to my question....but anyway...it's better then nothing!

...Long life to Zeus!:D

Thx!

I don't follow the equivalence you made between my two statements. My point was that to play classic mil-sim operation level stuff a lot of groups are asking you to install dozens of addons such as ACE/ACRE. The traditional map only game modes (i.e. that get played without having to install addons) have been basically the same modes for years. The only thing remotely disruptive in this space has been the Zeus feature but that will take time to ramp up content for. My other point was that more mil-sim stuff could be opened to you (and other players) when/if Steamworks integration is fully implemented.

Edit: This is an example of exactly what I mean: http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/20byt8/arma_3_takistan_daily_operations_now_up_and/

Edited by Nashable