Sign in to follow this  
DeadWeight85

Cases & Switches Help

I am having a hard time understanding using cases and switches. I am trying to make it so that when the case it called it needs have 2 items to continue onto the next part. Here is an example:

_vendor = [_this,0,ObjNull,[ObjNull]] call BIS_fnc_param;
_type = [_this,3,"",[""]] call BIS_fnc_param;
//Error check
if(isNull _vendor OR _type == "" OR (player distance _vendor > 10)) exitWith {};
//unprocessed item,processed item, cost if no license,Text to display (I.e Processing (percent) ..."
_itemInfo = switch (_type) do
{
case "sand": {["sand","glass",70,"Processing Sand"]};
default {[]};
};
[/Code]

I am trying to get something like this case "sand": {["sand" && "water","glass",70,"Processing Sand"]};

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

{

case ("sand"): {["sand","glass",70,"Processing Sand"]};

default {[]};

};

So Goblin how by adding the () will that allow me to place 2 items in my case?

A switch statement compares the given value ('_type' in this case) to each case value ("sand" literal in your case). This comparison is equivalent to:

(_type == "sand")

The expression at each case need not be a literal, or even a single variable. Consider this:

switch (true) do {
   case (_type in ["sand", "water"]): { 
       // do something
   };
}

The check for this case becomes:

(true == (_type in ["sand", "water"]))

However, I am not sure if this is what you really want your function to do. You need to be more specific about what this function is meant to do and where you are using it. If you want to return multiple strings as the first element of the array, you would just use a nested array:

[["sand","water"],"glass",70,"Processing Sand"]

The && operator is the boolean 'and' operation; you can only apply it to boolean types.

Zenophon I am editing the Altis Life mission file, and in particular the processAction script. I am trying to make it a little more realistic and having the player need 2 items to process into 1.

/*
File: fn_processAction.sqf
Author: Bryan "Tonic" Boardwine

Description:
Master handling for processing an item.
*/
private["_vendor","_type","_itemInfo","_oldItem","_newItem","_cost","_upp","_hasLicense","_itemName","_oldVal","_ui","_progress","_pgText","_cP"];
_vendor = [_this,0,ObjNull,[ObjNull]] call BIS_fnc_param;
_type = [_this,3,"",[""]] call BIS_fnc_param;
//Error check
if(isNull _vendor OR _type == "" OR (player distance _vendor > 10)) exitWith {};

//unprocessed item,processed item, cost if no license,Text to display (I.e Processing (percent) ..."
{
case "sand": {["sand","glass",70,"Processing Sand"]};
default {[]};
};

//Error checking
if(count _itemInfo == 0) exitWith {};

//Setup vars.
_oldItem = _itemInfo select 0;
_newItem = _itemInfo select 1;
_cost = _itemInfo select 2;
_upp = _itemInfo select 3;
_hasLicense = missionNamespace getVariable (([_type,0] call life_fnc_licenseType) select 0);
_itemName = [([_newItem,0] call life_fnc_varHandle)] call life_fnc_varToStr;
_oldVal = missionNamespace getVariable ([_oldItem,0] call life_fnc_varHandle);

_cost = _cost * _oldVal;
//Some more checks
if(_oldVal == 0) exitWith {};

//Setup our progress bar.
disableSerialization;
5 cutRsc ["life_progress","PLAIN"];
_ui = uiNameSpace getVariable "life_progress";
_progress = _ui displayCtrl 38201;
_pgText = _ui displayCtrl 38202;
_pgText ctrlSetText format["%2 (1%1)...","%",_upp];
_progress progressSetPosition 0.01;
_cP = 0.01;

life_is_processing = true;

if(_hasLicense) then
{
while{true} do
{
sleep 0.3;
_cP = _cP + 0.01;
_progress progressSetPosition _cP;
_pgText ctrlSetText format["%3 (%1%2)...",round(_cP * 100),"%",_upp];
if(_cP >= 1) exitWith {};
if(player distance _vendor > 10) exitWith {};
};

if(player distance _vendor > 10) exitWith {hint "You need to stay within 10m to process."; 5 cutText ["","PLAIN"]; life_is_processing = false;};
if(!([false,_oldItem,_oldVal] call life_fnc_handleInv)) exitWith {5 cutText ["","PLAIN"]; life_is_processing = false;};
if(!([true,_newItem,_oldVal] call life_fnc_handleInv)) exitWith {5 cutText ["","PLAIN"]; [true,_oldItem,_oldVal] call life_fnc_handleInv; life_is_processing = false;};
5 cutText ["","PLAIN"];
titleText[format["You have processed %1 into %2",_oldVal,_itemName],"PLAIN"];
life_is_processing = false;
}
else
{
if(life_cash < _cost) exitWith {hint format["You need $%1 to process without a license!",[_cost] call life_fnc_numberText]; 5 cutText ["","PLAIN"]; life_is_processing = false;};

while{true} do
{
sleep 0.9;
_cP = _cP + 0.01;
_progress progressSetPosition _cP;
_pgText ctrlSetText format["%3 (%1%2)...",round(_cP * 100),"%",_upp];
if(_cP >= 1) exitWith {};
if(player distance _vendor > 10) exitWith {};
};

if(player distance _vendor > 10) exitWith {hint "You need to stay within 10m to process."; 5 cutText ["","PLAIN"]; life_is_processing = false;};
if(life_cash < _cost) exitWith {hint format["You need $%1 to process without a license!",[_cost] call life_fnc_numberText]; 5 cutText ["","PLAIN"]; life_is_processing = false;};
if(!([false,_oldItem,_oldVal] call life_fnc_handleInv)) exitWith {5 cutText ["","PLAIN"]; life_is_processing = false;};
if(!([true,_newItem,_oldVal] call life_fnc_handleInv)) exitWith {5 cutText ["","PLAIN"]; [true,_oldItem,_oldVal] call life_fnc_handleInv; life_is_processing = false;};
5 cutText ["","PLAIN"];
titleText[format["You have processed %1 into %2 for $%3",_oldVal,_itemName,[_cost] call life_fnc_numberText],"PLAIN"];
life_cash = life_cash - _cost;
life_is_processing = false;
};[/Code]

So I see the portion your talking about having to redo the array and where its called. I will have to give it a try later tonight.