Sign in to follow this  
matt_baker1942

Arma 2 Model Configs

Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody could give me a detailed way of importing Arma 2 Vehicles from the A2 Samples to Arma 3. I've read all the current materials and tutorials but something is wrong with the model config. My HMMWV in game wont turn its wheels and the headlights/backlights are always on and I know this is because of the model config. I use the model configs that came with the A2 Samples, but it clearly doesnt work, and I dont wanna rewrite a whole new one when the one that came with the Samples should work. If theres anybody thats successfully done this and could help me that'd be great, thank you.

If I posted in the wrong section I apologize, but I've tried almost everything, I used a model.cfg I extracted from the MRAP and Ive used the stock model.cfg provided in the A2_samples download yet none work. I'll either have a working car with no physics and no animations and all hidden sections (headlights etc) are unhidden, or I'll get a car that bounces like on hydraulics, with no tires and working headlights/ tail lights. but the steering wheel wont work. I'm completely lost. I've looked at the car config guidelines and did some of the things there but most of that shouldnt apply to a standard car working in game.

Although I've only applied helicopters and fixed-wing so far, have you gotten 'rotation' animations to work at least so far?

No I've got no animations, wheels don't spin or anything which makes no sense to me given that with regards to that, nothing has changed from arma 2 to 3 so at least tires should be able to work.

Edit: how did you get aircraft working because tried that too and I still didnt get any animations. I assume Im doing one universal thing wrong so if you tell me what you changed from A2_Samples to A3 then maybe itll be the same problem I have with cars.

Sounds silly, but have you made sure that the model config class name for your object/vehicle is EXACTLY the same as the .p3d file name without the extension?

Yes I have, I'm so lost with what I could be doing wrong. I even looked at the HAMF HMMWVs that were release not too long ago and took the model.cfg from them out of eliteness but that didnt even work. There must be some disconnect with what needs to be done in the model and the model.cfg

Edit: I'm just gonna have to start from scratch and really make sure I'm getting everything right