Sign in to follow this  
Tand3rsson

Debriefing - Showing custom value.

Hi!

As I have understood from the wiki about debriefing, it is possible to display a value of ones choice as part of the debriefing, together with a headline.

Hopefully what I want to create becomes clearer as I tell you what I got :)

init.sqf

totalsteal = 0;

different valued objects:

worthOne = floor(random 150000) +100000;
worthTwo = floor(random 150000) +100000;
worthThree = floor(random 150000) +100000;
worthFour = floor(random 150000) +100000;

value being added up example:

totalsteal = totalsteal + worthOne;

So what I would like to accomplish, is that at the end of the mission, whatever value "totalsteal" is, it should be displayed, as part of the debriefing.

This is the part on the wiki that lead me to believe this can be done (allthough it is all Greek to me)

Custom Sections
description.ext:
class CfgDebriefingSections
{
class Loot
{
	title = "Collected weapons";
	variable = "BIS_loot";
};
};
title: Section title displayed in horizontal listbox
variable: missionNamespace variable containing string to be shown. It will be parsed and displayed as structured text. When empty, section won't be visible at all.

Anyone know this and might not only help me but give a shot at explaining it for me :)?

Just a wild guess as I never did this but based on the comments in your code window it should be something like:

{
class Loot
{
	variable = "totalsteal";
};
};

As it says the variable has to be string you should probably add something like this right before the mission ends:

totalsteal = str(totalsteal);

I was messing around with debriefing stuff earlier today and I couldn't get the custom section to work, although I didn't spend an especially long time trying to debug it.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setDebriefingText

just do something like :

"END1" setDebriefingText ["Your title", Format["Totalsteal is: %1",totalsteal]];

End type could be any of the valid ending type("CONTINUE","KILLED","LOSER","END1","END2","END3","END4","END5","END6"), depending of witch ones you are using on your mission you may need to use more than one setDebriefingText.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setDebriefingText

just do something like :

"END1" setDebriefingText ["Your title", Format["Totalsteal is: %1",totalsteal]];

End type could be any of the valid ending type("CONTINUE","KILLED","LOSER","END1","END2","END3","END4","END5","END6"), depending of witch ones you are using on your mission you may need to use more than one setDebriefingText.

Thanks for the replies guys! I am going to try columdrums suggestion right away, as it seems as a good and easy workaround for what I wanted:)

Does the setDebriefingText reffering to "totalsteal" need to be set just before the end triggers, or will it get the correct value even if setDebriefingText is used right away, like in an init?

And also, doesn't this also demand a string?

Well, look at me asking tons of question without even trying it yet :) I'll get back shortly

EDIT:

Columdrums suggestion didn't to it for me. Used it in the trigger which calls the end, and it did nothing. Should it be defined elsewhere?

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Just a wild guess as I never did this but based on the comments in your code window it should be something like:

{
class Loot
{
	variable = "totalsteal";
};
};

As it says the variable has to be string you should probably add something like this right before the mission ends:

totalsteal = str(totalsteal);

Thank you!

This seems to work just fine :D I just used the totalsteal = str(totalsteal); in the same trigger as the "endX" call BIS_fnc_endMission;

It now gives me a 3rd briefing screen, presenting whatever totalsteal was at the end of the mission, and with my selected title as defined in CfgDebriefingSections at the buttom of the screen.

Would there be any way to make it present anything more than the value, say as you would a text in the suggestion columdrum gave. So rather than just saying for example "223654" it would read "You stole a total of (mystring) $"?

Edited by Tand3rsson