KC Grimes

[SP] Helicopter Patrol

Welcome to Helicopter Patrol! This is a mission that allows you to not only practice flying various attack helicopters, but also practice identifying waypoints and effectively attacking both soft and armorered targets.

Notes:

-Although this is for "single players", it should be played in a Multiplayer game. Simply create your own server and load it up there. If you play it via the SP or Scenarios menu, you will not be able to customize your Parameters.

-Contains adjustable Parameters as a user-friendly way to customize YOUR experience. Once you load the mission, look in the top right of the host screen for the Parameters tab. Choose from 6 different attack helicopters, multiple weather and fog settings, time of day, and more!

-Created in the MP Editor for use by 1 player. Once you download it you can move it to the SP or MP missions folder to play it however you would prefer.

-Includes 50 unique locations guarded by a random selection of mobile soft and armored targets. The targets are chosen at random as tasks and are not repeated. Can you destroy all 50!?

-Further notes included in the mission briefing, please take the time to look in order to ensure the best experience with the mission.

Good luck, Pilot! Please feel free to rate this mission and post comments to tell others and myself how you feel about Helicopter Patrol. I create missions for the community, so I beg for your positive and negative feedback in order for me to adjust my missions to the community's desires, along with add to them!

V1.1

Documentation of existing code
Significant optimizations
Add PO-30 Orca
Moved some helicopters further from hangar at starting point
Added ability to modify amount of damage taken (used to always be 16%)
No longer "teleport" to service pad if already there
Service system now resets in a way that allows an on-pad crash

V1.0 - Launch

Steam Workshop Page

Also, check out SP Helicopter Taxi!

Thanks! We need MOAR flying missions :)

I completely agree! It is just a more difficult aspect of the game to work with. This mission is more "practice" than mission oriented, unfortunately, but it has kicked in some ideas for actual missions.

Dammit Grimes!!!..

This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for

Thank You!

Updated to V1.1! Thank you all for your feedback. More detailed changelog in the change notes.

Add PO-30 Orca 
Added ability to modify amount of damage taken (used to always be 16%) 
No longer "teleport" to service pad if already there 
Service system now resets in a way that allows an on-pad crash

Keep the feedback coming! In the future I see a 2 player mode...