Sign in to follow this  
eymerich

Plane Animation

Hi all,

watching the plane_3 pbo in arma3, i have get the config.cpp.

Still now I'm wondering where are stored the plane's animations like gear up, close canopy and so on.

Anyone does it know?

Thanks in advance

Eymerich

it is in the model.cfg of each vehicle... use eliteness to open the unpack the pbo... then use eliteness again on the .p3d file and when you open it in a window to the right should show the model.cfg or where the animations are

ok thanks.

I'll have a look then I'll report.

Edit

--- getting problem to install elitness...

Any other program would do the trick or elitness is unavoidable?

Edited by Eymerich

Did you take a look at the ArmA2 stuff BI has released ?

The model.cfg's are also there.

Did you take a look at the ArmA2 stuff BI has released ?

The model.cfg's are also there.

Thanks for the answer.

Indeed, yes. That was my start and in fact when i use bulldozer the plane's animations works like a charm: from the cabin to the rudder, from the gears to aileron and so on.

That's because i have used the model.cfg from bis (of course adapting to my add-on).

Fact is that i'm trying to learn from the last add-on released by the community (f35, f18) and I don't see in their add-on the model.cfg.

Right now, i have click with right mouse in a window in O2 (the one where you name the wheel, the rudder and so on etc) and i have learned something new: under the voice "use in model config", as far as i have guessed, you can define a config inside a model.

So i am asking to myself: the config inside bulldozer inherit to model without an external, indipendent, model.cfg file or ... i haven't understand a dick and the model cfg file need to be present anyway as a separate file and i am unable to spot it in the latest community add-on?

The question is very important: if you have to create anytime a config inside of o2 then... it's a ball crushing; at the opposite, if you can use an external file, you can use the same file for different plane making the life od the add on maker easier (or less terrible).

I am tryng to understand and to learn...

Edited by Eymerich
express my opinion in a less bad way

The model.cfg is 'baked into' the model when they're binarized as part of the process of packing the addon into PBO format; this is why you don't see a separate model.cfg in the F/A-18E/F and F-35B mods, it's why you need Eliteness to read the model.cfg in them (and in Arma 3's "plane_3" for the Buzzard), and why it was so important that BI released the unbinarized Arma 2 stuff (unbinarized models and model.cfg files).

The model.cfg is 'baked into' the model when they're binarized as part of the process of packing the addon into PBO format; this is why you don't see a separate model.cfg in the F/A-18E/F and F-35B mods, it's why you need Eliteness to read the model.cfg in them (and in Arma 3's "plane_3" for the Buzzard), and why it was so important that BI released the unbinarized Arma 2 stuff (unbinarized models and model.cfg files).

Finally.

Thank you very much for bringing light over this darker topic (at least for me).

So:

1) i need elitness and only elitness to have a look of the config p3d; --> that's mean i'll have to understand why the installation is failed;

2) theoretically, i can use a single model.cfg file for more plane (that's, of course, if the name of the points or axis used in the model have the same name). Am I right?

Thanks

Eymerich

The answer to #1 is yes, you need Eliteness to look at the model config for a binarized P3D since it became part of the P3D. With an unbinarized P3D (like what BI released of the Arma 2 stuff) there would be a separate model.cfg that could be read normally with a text editor such as Notepad in Windows; the Arma 2 samples release that BI did includes those separate model configs for the Arma 2 aircraft.

The answer to #1 is yes, you need Eliteness to look at the model config for a binarized P3D since it became part of the P3D. With an unbinarized P3D (like what BI released of the Arma 2 stuff) there would be a separate model.cfg that could be read normally with a text editor such as Notepad in Windows; the Arma 2 samples release that BI did includes those separate model configs for the Arma 2 aircraft.

Thank you.

:)