Sign in to follow this  
Shirou

BEC Rcon "Unable to Connect" Please Assist.

We have now tried so many things.. and just can't get BEC to connect to our Arma 3 server, when we start BEC this is the results.

12:56:29 : Starting plugin : Rss

12:56:35 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!

12:56:39 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!

12:56:43 : No Valid response. Trying to reconnect.!

12:56:47 : Lost Connection!

12:56:47 : Closing socket & exiting!

I use BEC to connect to 127.0.0.1 and then the default port 2302, i have even tried another port, still no luck.

I've allowed both BEC and Arma 3 server on firewall even disabled the firewall, and opened the ports, still same error message.

And i do point it to my BE folder where the BEclient.cfg is in and the server.dll, i've even downloaded the latest .dll, just still no luck..

Where can the problem be?

If someone can help me with this you will be my next new hero, i've now spend a week trying to solve this, just no luck, tried everything possibly found on google.

Here's ours.

[bec]
Ip = 127.0.0.1
Port = 2302
BePath = ...whatever....\Arma 3 Server 2\profiles\BattlEye
Admins = Admins.xml
Commands = Commands.xml 
LogDir = a3server2
[Misc]
ServerExeName = arma3server.exe

Scheduler = Scheduler.xml

Delete the rss folder from the plugins folder to disable it

Try running both BEC and arma3server as admin in the compatibility tab of the exe properties

Bepath is required if you use the arma3 -profile launch parameter

if you use the perf build use Arma3Retail_Server_perf.exe instead of arma3server.exe or rename the exe

Use TCPview to verify the ports in use by the server

Try using EPM rcon to verify that you can connect to the rcon port in the same way that BEC does

To OP.

When using 3rd party tools (TADST,etc) to configure your server. make sure all the BE stuff is correct.

BEServer.cfg exists with rconpassword in it. gameserver is using correct BEpath. so on.

This is a classic example of something is wrong on the server and not with bec or anyother rcons.

Alyways verify with a 2nd Rcon that you can not connect to your server.

To 2nd Poster jumbobreakfast.

If your running a newer version (1.59+). you can remove this. ( LogDir = a3server2 ) ,since it does nothing anymore.

Instead the name if the logdir will be the same as your config. ie. bec.exe -f a3server2.cfg <- will create dir named a3server2

Is not needed if you have not renamed the orginale file, in this case you havent so its of no use.

To OP.

When using 3rd party tools (TADST,etc) to configure your server. make sure all the BE stuff is correct.

BEServer.cfg exists with rconpassword in it. gameserver is using correct BEpath. so on.

This is a classic example of something is wrong on the server and not with bec or anyother rcons.

Alyways verify with a 2nd Rcon that you can not connect to your server.

To 2nd Poster jumbobreakfast.

If your running a newer version (1.59+). you can remove this. ( LogDir = a3server2 ) ,since it does nothing anymore.

Instead the name if the logdir will be the same as your config. ie. bec.exe -f a3server2.cfg <- will create dir named a3server2

Is not needed if you have not renamed the orginale file, in this case you havent so its of no use.

Yea this was my issue :) so got it resolved finally! thanks for the support.