Sign in to follow this  
_angus_

Newbie: reference source for basic syntax for triggers etc?

Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to Arma and a friend recently recommended I take a look at Jester's mission editor tutorials on youtube. I think they are brilliant, but I wondered if there was a webpage or source where I could become more familiar with the syntax for creating conditions, activating/deactivating, triggers and so on within the editor? Things like !alive and disableai "move" etc, etc.

I suppose I'm after a useful phrase list - like when you go on holiday. I've not been able to find anything like that. Any pointers? :)

Fantastic, just the job. Thanks very much.

Having said that........ :)

Is there anywhere I can get the basics of the general syntax? All the "this" and "!" stuff?

I like to think I'm quite imaginative and could hopefully devise a decent mission or two, but apart from some extremely basic html I've got no background in this area.

Thanks guys, that is helpful. I can't get enough of this basic stuff at the moment. I've just improved one of my little missions as now the prisoners that you are supposed to save are all standing with their hands on their heads. Excellent. :)