Sign in to follow this  
Scotty123

Display action box if not vehicle owner

I'm trying to make an addAction option that only appears if the person trying to interact with the car is not the owner. It doesn't show if it's the owner, but it also doesn't show if the person is not the owner! I'm using

!((cursorTarget getVariable "vehicle_info_owners") == (name player))

I've used cursorTarget getVariable "vehicle_info_owners" in other scripts and it's displayed the car owner fine. I'm not sure what's going on here though. Thanks!

Just throwing this out here, since I cant see if there is other information in this script or in your game....

or something with the vehicle itself in the config of it might be messing it up? check spelling and caps... and when you say you use it before... do they look the same? like did you change anything between them that could effect it not to work

Best post the entire line rather than just the condition. For example the addAction command takes a string as a condition, so therefore you would have to use single quotes or double up on your double quotes, to get a string within a string.

_car addAction ["Test","myTest.sqf","",1,true,true,"","!((cursorTarget getVariable 'vehicle_info_owners') == (name player))"];

Or:

_car addAction ["Test","myTest.sqf","",1,true,true,"","!((cursorTarget getVariable ""vehicle_info_owners"") == (name player))"];