Sign in to follow this  
shadowlid

What rigs are the devs running?

I was just wondering what rigs the devs are running because im getting poor performance out of my current rig(S). But obviously the developers are running the game just fine on their rigs so what are they running so i can copy their build if possible price is a object not looking to drop 2k+ into a build for just one game.

But general questions are

AMD or Intel(CPU)

AMD or Nvidia(GPU)

SSD or standard HDDS

What OS are they running?

Im not a fanboy i buy what ever works and is on sale. I like Intel AMD and Nvidia. So i just want smooth game play on Ultra 1920x1080. And i want to see as far as possible.(I like dog fighting on the game!)

Thanks all!

Shadowlid

Previously devs (Jay Crowe?) posted what rigs they were using to run the E3 2012 and Gamescom 2012 builds, but that's all that I'm aware of.

Previously devs (Jay Crowe?) posted what rigs they were using to run the E3 2012 and Gamescom 2012 builds, but that's all that I'm aware of.

Thanks Chortles I found it

"What hardware were they running it on and how smooth did it play? (@erockbart)

Very, very smoothly. A frame counter wasn’t visible, so don’t interpret this as scientific, but I felt I was running at 50-60+ frames throughout the demo. Bohemia was running a Core i7 at 3.2 GHz and a single GTX 580. Not low-end equipment, certainly, but I wouldn’t call that exotic, either. I encountered one or two microscopic hitches while helicoptering, but the game behaved extremely well overall. There was no noticeable dip in framerate when I right-click zoomed in most situations, and gunfire/explosions had zero effect on performance. The largest mission I had probably had 20-25 enemy infantry (and an enemy vehicle) scattered across a kilometer or two, plus my six or seven-man squad."

So thats what ill base my build on and that should not break the bank!

Thanks man,

Shadowlid

Moreover, the above specs are outdated since it's describing one of the 2012 convention builds; at this point "better for cheaper" for your rig is possible.

For what it's worth, I'm using an i5-3570K (not OC'd) with an ASUS GTX 660 Ti 2 GB (factory-OC'd), 8 GB RAM, and the game installed on a SSD.

Moreover, the above specs are outdated since it's describing one of the 2012 convention builds; at this point "better for cheaper" for your rig is possible.

For what it's worth, I'm using an i5-3570K (not OC'd) with an ASUS GTX 660 Ti 2 GB (factory-OC'd), 8 GB RAM, and the game installed on a SSD.

What fps are you getting

Im running

AMD 955be @3.8ghz

560ti 2gb @ 900mhz

8gb ram

Running 7200rpm 64mb cache drive (Put my ssd in lappy to increase fps)

im getting right at 20fps avg(low 15fps high 30fps) on ultra 1920x1080 60hz

it seems like when i put a good amount of ai, around 45 or so, in the game my fps drops bad. Im due for a upgrade this system is over 2 years old im lacking in the cpu department im afraid.

Im thinking

i7-4770k

GTX770

Evo ssd

This should get me at a solid at least 40fps on ultra? Do you think?

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

Something along the lines of this: http://lpc.pcgamer.com/ will allow you to comfortably play this game on 3 screens.

LOL i seen that beast if only i could afford it!! :) I bet i could get some killer fps on DOOM 2 with that bad boy!!!!

What fps are you getting

Im running

AMD 955be @3.8ghz

560ti 2gb @ 900mhz

8gb ram

Running 7200rpm 64mb cache drive (Put my ssd in lappy to increase fps)

im getting right at 20fps avg(low 15fps high 30fps) on ultra 1920x1080 60hz

it seems like when i put a good amount of ai, around 45 or so, in the game my fps drops bad. Im due for a upgrade this system is over 2 years old im lacking in the cpu department im afraid.

Im thinking

i7-4770k

GTX770

Evo ssd

This should get me at a solid at least 40fps on ultra? Do you think?

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 AM ----------

LOL i seen that beast if only i could afford it!! :) I bet i could get some killer fps on DOOM 2 with that bad boy!!!!

i'm running a i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz, gtx 780ti @ 1050/3500, 16gb ram and os/game on ssd's. game settings are object and terrain quality on high, 2x MSAA, everything else on ultra, 3000/1500/100 view distances, 1440p.

playing sa-matra altis wasteland i get 45-75~ fps on a full server, with average being around 50 i would say

You would only get the i7 if you will also be doing multimedia like Adobe or video editing. And you would also only get the 'k' variant if you are overclocking, else you can save the cash.

You would only get the i7 if you will also be doing multimedia like Adobe or video editing. And you would also only get the 'k' variant if you are overclocking, else you can save the cash.

yes, you're right, 4670k is plenty for arma, overclocking does help a lot for fps as well, specially as most i5 and i7's easily hit 4.5ghz with decent cooling

also you might gain fps by going with the i7 in games like bf4 or newer games that are multithreaded

Edited by pr0ph3tSWE