Sign in to follow this  
flymaker

ReSkin and missions

Hello Guys!

It is possible to place a re-skin unit direct in the mission? Without need to download a mod?

I think, and I could be wrong, but for a quick look just put the following in the init line of the unit itslef: this setObjectTexture [0, "tester5.jpg"]

Then put the .jpg of the re-skin texture in the main mission folder. For example, the jpg for the example above was named tester5 .

I forgot to mention. The 0 may indicate just part of the texture. You may need to have a couple different textures to complete the re-skin. I am guessing you know all that and have pulled out the .paa files to change them but figured I would mention it.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

I just read somewhere that the "this setObjectTexture" does not work for unit clothing. I am not sure if that is correct or not but you may want to keep that in mind my friend.

Basically I want to repaint one Heli but it does not like to ask them to download the texture

Put the .paa or .png into your mission folder. Use setobjecttexture as described by nukerat, it'll all be packed once you convert it to a pbo.

How to set 2 textures to the same point?

Ex: this setObjectTexture [0, "tester5.jpg","tester2.jpg"]