Sign in to follow this  

Hi, can anyone clarify the following: can footage of mods be used in an intro? Obviously, not in-game, as that is not allowed. I take it this would be okay, as long as we have permission?

I imagine it would not be allowed. If not for use of other's content, then because it provides an inaccurate portrait of what is present in the mission. But, really, I think it depends on what type of mod it is.

Mmm, to be fair - I'm making a news flash - so I don't feel it would provide an inaccurate portrait of the actual campaign. I have permission from the content creators. Just wondered if there's a hard and fast rule against this? In BI's campaign intro, there are shots that are impossible to create via the actual game engine - such as the world map and info screens. It's all for the aesthetic value. Thanks for your response though, Scorch - you might be right.

---------- Post added at 23:49 ---------- Previous post was at 23:44 ----------

I found this on the rules section:

represents and warrants, with respect to each entry submitted by him/her in this Contest, that the entry submitted is the result of his/her own independent creation and does not contain any third-party works of authorship that have been used or copied without authorization or permission of their respective authors;

So, I guess, with permission it will be ok? There'd be nothing in the .pbo that required an add-on to play.

Yep, according to that rule its all good considering you've got permission. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say its Icewindo's News Reporters.

It's not actually! All will eventually be revealed!

You'll have to keep in mind that it shouldn't require extra downloads to work. If you can incorporate the mods into the mission without forcing an additional addon to be downloaded you should be fine.

Excellent - that's ok! It's an .ogg video file so, no problems there!

Sign in to follow this