florianmuellerch

ArmA 3: Speed Radars!

Anyone else getting a texture error whenever placing one in the editor?

It says it can't find the texture: "Between.paa"

Any idea of way around this?

yes, i have the same error :( can anyone help pls ?

Have the same error

and why the hell is it searching in this path

C:/users/pegasus/skydrive/..../between.paa

i copy it into my Arma3 Addons folder, placed the radar on my map and when i test the map he cant find the between.paa on this path, why dont he search in the local path?

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies, I'll take a look to that right away. Also, I may add some red flashlight if you want :)

Regards and stay tuned, should be up in a short while...

Florian

Edited by florianmuellerCH

New mod or update v1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@speedradar.png

@ florianmuellerCH;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hello,

Your radars are working fine in the editor (with flash script), but when I join the server nothing works.

Here is my init

nul = [this,45,80,{

[] execVM "\SpeedRadar\PEG_fnc_SpeedRadarFlash.sqf";

}] execVM "\SpeedRadar\speedradar.sqf";

Also tried to extract both sqf & to mission's folder, edited script path & name.

Any ideas ? Thanks

What error message do you see? If you don't see any message, you may look at your log (at your AppData/Local/Arma 3 folder)

What error message do you see? If you don't see any message, you may look at your log (at your AppData/Local/Arma 3 folder)

"Initializing SpeedRadar"
"Initializing SpeedRadar"
Strange convex component53 in a3\structures_f_epb\civ\playground\slidecastle_f.p3d:geometryFire
Strange convex component27 in a3\structures_f_epb\civ\playground\slidecastle_f.p3d:geometryView
"Displaying Radar Flash"
"Radar Flash finished"
"Displaying Radar Flash"
"Radar Flash finished"

But nothing happens on our screen (4 people tried). (No flash, nothing at all)

Again, we also tried at home computers, with editor, it's working perfectly, but when on server, nop :/

Speedradar.pbo is loaded tho (we see radars in games)

Edited by Spyflo

@Spyflo, this is the problem that I mentioned in my first post: You have to ensure that the Flash is executed on the Client's computer. Now, you execute it directly on the server, and the flash is local so only the server can "see" it. You'd have to write a script which gets called on the server but executed on the client which raced across the radar. You could go advanced and distribute the flash position to every client and then ask if the local player is nearby and then display the flash, even if another player has been too fast (would be more realistically).

@Spyflo, this is the problem that I mentioned in my first post: You have to ensure that the Flash is executed on the Client's computer. Now, you execute it directly on the server, and the flash is local so only the server can "see" it. You'd have to write a script which gets called on the server but executed on the client which raced across the radar. You could go advanced and distribute the flash position to every client and then ask if the local player is nearby and then display the flash, even if another player has been too fast (would be more realistically).

I tried too

I exported both sqf & renamed them to try

I tried the flash.sqf on an addaction.

it worked perfectly on the server, I got flashed so the sqf script is working.

What I tried is this:

The player is downloading the mission, in that mission there are

Radar.sqf

Radar_flash.sqf

in radar.sqf, when the player get caught (see ur comments) I execVM Radar_flash.sqf

This way, the client should execVM radar_flash.sqf, am I wrong ?

Am I wrong ?

I believe, yes...

I believe you want to do something like that:

Create a script that calls PEG_fnc_SpeedRadarFlash (you did this already), lets call it "flash.sqf".

Create a function of that file (so you can call it).

On the server, call BIS_fnc_MP with the flash if someone gets busted. Maybe you can pass the position of the radar with BIS_fnc_MP to your flash.sqf.

In your flash.sqf you can check if the given position is nearby, and if so, you'll call PEG_fnc_SpeedRadarFlash.

Just from the skratch, this should actually even work :)

I believe, yes...

I believe you want to do something like that:

Create a script that calls PEG_fnc_SpeedRadarFlash (you did this already), lets call it "flash.sqf".

Create a function of that file (so you can call it).

On the server, call BIS_fnc_MP with the flash if someone gets busted. Maybe you can pass the position of the radar with BIS_fnc_MP to your flash.sqf.

In your flash.sqf you can check if the given position is nearby, and if so, you'll call PEG_fnc_SpeedRadarFlash.

Just from the skratch, this should actually even work :)

Works fine ;)

Thanks for the hint !