Sign in to follow this  
terrence

Arma 3 Basic Scripting Tutorials

Hi all

I'm currently writing a basic scripting tutorial. To help get somebody who has never seen a sqf get to a point where their comfortable writing small sqf and functions on their own. I don't claim to be an expert at scripting but I feel I know enough to help somebody out. There are tons of pages of tutorials of scripting for Arma 2 and older but no real Arma 3 tutorials that Ive found. Ive noticed new players to scripting will shy away from anything that doesn't say Arma 3. I know I did in the beginning. Note I just found Mikie Boy tutorial its great but I kinda want to go a little more in depth with certain parts. This post isn't ment to promote my tutorial just to see what the community thinks :cool:

My question is do you think this will be helpful to the community and what are your suggestions for: topics, what I should go in depth to, and what I should shy away from.

Here is a link on what Ive started on.

Note it is nowhere close to being finished. I plan to break it into about 10 parts for the basic section. Possibly going to indeterminate or advanced in the future depending on community support.

If anybody with scripting experience that would like to help please send a pm

Edited by terrence

I think it's safe to say that very few will be interested in the "pro"s and "con"s you listed in the tutorial. You can explain what SQF is good for and what isn't, but really the current pros and cons aren't necessary in my eyes.

Other than that, it seems to be pretty okay. If you'd want nitpicking, you forgot a semi-colon in the first multi-line code example. Also, you forgot the modulus (%) operator in the same example. :P