Sign in to follow this  
PartyHead

Trigger not activating problem

Do triggers get effected by location or terrain level or position or angle etc. ? Because I'm having a strange bug with some triggers that wont trigger when AI enter the trigger area but they will when a I enter the trigger area.

I've got about 12 triggers placed around a town area and out of the 12, 2 wont work for AI but will for me, I tried a number of things to find out why and eventually I swapped two triggers spots with each other to see what would happen and the trigger that worked in its previous place didn't work in the swapped place and the other trigger that didn't work worked in its new swapped place.

Has anyone else had this happen or know a solution to this bug other then moving the triggers to a new spot ?

How are you activating the trigger? Did you type anything in the condition field? Triggers should execute fine even on mountaintops etc.

How are you activating the trigger? Did you type anything in the condition field? Triggers should execute fine even on mountaintops etc.

Well I've checked and checked all the triggers over and over so I know its not the triggers, and when I swapped the triggers around the two triggers in those two places never work.

But to update the problem since my first post, what I just did was went back into the editor and slightly moved the 2 triggers that weren't working to the side and now they both work, but if I put them back in those two spots they don't work again, one was half on land and half on the ocean boardwalk and the other was in an alleyway close to some buildings. Only AI are effected and wont active the triggers in those spots human players still seem to activate them no matter where they are.

For now I will just settle for moving them over that little bit, but its something to take note of if anyone else gets the same problem.

Cheers.

Post an example of your broken triggers (one of the 2). Or post a screen shot of the trigger's configuration for us. It's probably something simple, that a fresh set of eyes can weed out.

Edited by Iceman77