Sign in to follow this  
florianmuellerch

Create Collision Model in O2

Hi guys

I'm absolutely new to modelling, I managed it after hours of training to create my desired forms in O2. They work very well in ArmA 3 (including Textures), but have no collision capabilities at all.

Now I've found some descriptions, but for I'm a complete newbie, I don't understand most of the terms (LOD, Convexity, etc.)

Can anyone help a beginner to create such a collision model out of the existing texture model?

Thank you very much! :)

Can anyone help a beginner to create such a collision model out of the existing texture model?

I never bother trying to use an existing model. That level of detail is wasted on the Collision LOD (geometry lod). Its easiest made out of a series of standard "boxes" stretched and some overlapping to create the GENERAL shape of the main model.

Don't forget to select FIND COMPONENTS once finished otherwise the lod won't work.

Gnat;2587357']I never bother trying to use an existing model. That level of detail is wasted on the Collision LOD (geometry lod). Its easiest made out of a series of standard "boxes" stretched and some overlapping to create the GENERAL shape of the main model.

Don't forget to select FIND COMPONENTS once finished otherwise the lod won't work.

Well, my object is simply built of a few boxes, so I could actually use this one (it's not yet very detailed). But how can I use this existing model right away to create the Geometry LOD?

But how can I use this existing model right away to create the Geometry LOD?

? Not sure whats quicker than a couple of CREATE -> BOX

Could create shit but try;

STRUCTURE -> CONVEXITY -> COMPONENT CONVEX HULL

Yeah I tried that, but when I do this, all textures gets messed up with that (rectancles get triangles and textures are no more visible)

Yeah I tried that, but when I do this, all textures gets messed up with that (rectancles get triangles and textures are no more visible)

?

You dont need textures for the GEOMETRY LOD. its not visible.

Delete all textures

Aaaah now I finally got it!!

First, I copied all elements from my normal to the Geometry LOD. Then I removed all faces, what finally didn't work. Instead, I only emptied the textures and kept the faces. Then, I selected all, clicked "Structure > Topology > Find Components" and then I gave them a mass in the Mass Dialog (Windows > Mass).

Thank you, I finally understand how this is working! :)