Sign in to follow this  
NickThissen

Defense module help

Hi,

I am trying to use the Defense module to create a 'defend the base' type of mission. I came across this thread which has an example mission (extracted from one of the built in missions) which shows how to setup this module (I also found a youtube video which does the same thing).

I set this up in my own mission and it worked, except that it was not spawning any vehicles. I tried everything and eventually figured out that it can only spawn vehicles if the 'spawn triggers' (trigger that defines the area in which units can spawn) contains a road. It seems the module doesn't want to spawn vehicles unless they can spawn on a road. It might also have to do with the size of the trigger, I'm not sure.

I was wondering if there's any more info about this module? I am looking for a few things like:

1. How to control the number of units spawned? By default it spawns like 15-20 units each wave which is a bit much for my mission. I want more like 5-10 + 1 or 2 vehicles.

2. Can I make it spawn vehicles in the middle of nowhere too? I am using it on the Takistan (arma 2) map and there just aren't a lot of roads, I don't want to spawn the units near a road because they would take ages to reach the base.

3. Alternatively, can I select which type of units spawn in which trigger? For example: one trigger close to the base spawns only soldiers, while another trigger (near a road far away from the base) spawns only vehicles.

Thanks for any help.