Sign in to follow this  
lieutenantlz

Arma 3 Performance Issues Multiplayer GTX 770 i5 2320 8GB RAM

Alright. I've had enough of LOW FPS in Arma 3 Multiplayer. Sometimes I even get low frames in singleplayer. I will post my specs here:

Intel i5 2320 3.0ghz

EVGA GTX 770 2GB SuperClocked ATX cooler

8GB Ram

HDDs: 1TB Primary System Drive, 1TB extra files drive, 2TB drive (the first one is the fastest, and has arma 3 installed on it)

600 W PSU Corsair

So, I am wondering if the low FPS I get is because of my processor. I just upgraded my g-card, which is now a gtx 770, superclocked from evga, and I am able to play on ultra, as I used to have a Radeon 6670, which couldnt get good frames for shit on LOW... I turned SSAO off and it gave me a few frames. The view distance I turned down to the minimum, and it gave me a lot more frames..on singleplayer. I will get 60 on singleplayer roaming around the map with basically no props. In multiplayer, for example, Altis Life, I'll go on a 20 player server and ALWAYS get less than 30 FPS. It's annoying, and sometimes I just will go play another game because it's so irritating. I don't think there's anyone with my specs as well, so if anyone could reply to this that would be great.

BTW, resolution, of course is 1080p.

Your processor is fine, so no need to upgrade that unless you really want to.

It has been a while since i played Altis life, but that mod was just unplayable after the server had been up for a while. It has always been a problem with Life mods, was the same in ARMA2. You cant really blame BIS for that, although the Life mods are popular the game isn't really made for it. I only play PvP mods like Tactical Battlefield and my fps has never gone below 30 fps and is usually around 50-60+ when im not in a big city or other place with lots of objects and that was with about 40 people on and after playing on server for a hour.

Here are my in-game setting

http://i.imgur.com/U2j5iaI.png

http://i.imgur.com/P9zusir.png

So if Life mods is the only thing you like about ARMA3 and you dont want to play with low fps than you will have to go and play another game.

My Spec are pretty much the same as yours btw.

I5 2500K @ 4.0Ghz

8Ram

Gigabyte GTX770oc 4GB

Edited by Ch3v4l13r

I don't know if this can help you...

I got a i52500k (not overclocked) + 8 gb ram (KingstonDDR3) + GTX760, the game was ok before... (25-35 fps with 1600-1900 distance view)

Now i'm using an SSD and the game is a completely different game.

Just for helping on increasing performace, it runs really smooth.

My advice about tweaking is to tweak settings under load --find a place giving the crappiest frames on your default setting.

There is where testing different settings give instant results under worst-case scenarios.

I use this sp/mp mission:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162385-SP-MP-Bobs-Armory-on-Altis&highlight=bobs

For me, it's craptastic right at spawn in. Plus, it has easy to use ajustable VD & grass settings.

It's my 'Waterloo'.

Find your Waterloo and tweak it to playability.

Good Luck!

Don't bother man.

Not for this game. No matter what system you throw at it, this game is unable to use even 50% of your cpu and 50% of your GPU no matter what settings . You'll always have bad performance.

Just look at the "troubleshooter" section . It's been like this for 10 years now.

So please, if you want to upgrade because you want to upgrade, by all means do it. But for this game, you will be very disappointed and throwing away lots of money for no performance gain.

Edited by Game__On

Well, I`ve got super low fps around 14 on the highest settings, but when i try to turn down the settings im getting even lower fps down to 9, Usually its the other way around.

This is NOT the case in Arma 2, it used to be, then i used a CPU unpark program and got a boost of 20-30 fps (total of 50-60fps)

But this is not arma 2, this is arma 3, and for some reason, it does not matter what settings i use, ill only get shit fps, and as ive stated, im getting lower fps the lower my settings are, even with lower view distance.

My Specs are.

Windows 7 professional SP 1 (64 bit)

AMD Phenom IIx6 1055T 2,80GHz (with unparked cores, using them all.)

8,00 GB kingston ram

Not 100% on the harddrive but its a 720 rpm normal one (Not SSD)

Nvidia Geforce Gtx 570 1200~mb graphics card.

Note, i can play all the games out there on high to ultra. Usually my only problem is a tad longer loading times due to my hd. But with arma 3 everything seems spooky.

I havent tried to change my resolution down from 1980x1020, but i bet all those 30-50 fps isnt within the resolution only.

I did actually get more fps before the latest or 2 latest update/updates, Used to be smooth at around 40fps.

Clearly something is terribly wrong now.

If you are yousing any Antivirus software, try to disable the RAM Monitoring. This solved the problem for me with 14+ fps and stucks to 80+ FPS

Client FPS is tightly coupled to server fps, if your fps is higher in single player compared to multiplayer, new hardware or changes on your machine will not improve it.

You can try the following:

Play on another server

Play another, less intensive mission

Play with less AI

Play with fewer players

Play single player only

Sorry.