Sign in to follow this  
anno1505

Low fps during arma 3 Breakingpoint, ideas?

Hello, not sure if this is the right section of the forum to post this but anyway. So I've been playing Wasteland and all those other "mods" in Arma3 without any problem but when I launch Breaking Point and try to play I get about 10-20 FPS no matter what settings I use.

GPU:GTX 780.

CPU:4760k.

RAM:16 gig.

Mobo:Sabertooth z87.

I've been following http://www.thezombie...ps-tweak-guide/ But without any success.

Anyone has been dealing with this and stumbled on any solution?

If your view distance is cranked too high..., ain't a rig yet sold that can't be brought to its knees under load.

If your view distance is cranked too high..., ain't a rig yet sold that can't be brought to its knees under load.

Dayz Mod has a maximum view distance of 1600m. I have not looked at the BP code so I would not know if the view distance is similar, but it's not a great stretch of the imagination to think it is. I might go and check this as it is a crucial point.

OP: How does your machine run if you play other game modes/missions? (just want to identify if the poor performance is due to this one mod).

Doesn't matter if I have my view distance at the lowest or at max, no diffrence in the FPS.

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

OP: How does your machine run if you play other game modes/missions? (just want to identify if the poor performance is due to this one mod).

On Wasteland which I guess is the heaviest of the modes out there which doesn't require any download, so on wasteland I do have 50-70 fps without it dropping lower than 50. Not sure if it's the mods fault since I've seen plenty of people playing it with worse computer than what I got, on streams youtube etc etc.

I have a QX6800 - An absolute beast in it's day and still able to run pretty much anything, however we all know that Arma3 eats CPUs for breakfast.

In Sa-Matra's Wasteland (the only wasteland anyone should play) I get around 20-25FPS on a full server (55 players).

In Breaking Point my framerate is heavily dependant on how many players are in the server. 10 players = 24fps, 30 players = 12fps.

I guess there is some really badly optimised code in there. Code running on clients when it should just be on the server.

Before people start spending time helping you out, have you read the other threads on this sub-forum? there's lots of people with the same exact problem, low fps.

Can you give us a run-down of what you've tried?

Edited by Furret