Sign in to follow this  
Gudsawn

GDSN Shoulder Tap (Addon version)

GDSN Shoulder Tap

Description

Allows a player to tap the shoulder of another player. A subtle feature, but absolutely essential for CQB situations or TvTs.

Walking up to a player and pressing the tap key will give them a light tap on the shoulder.

Available in addon or script form. Both are included in the download.

Installation

Copy the mod folder (@ShoulderTap) into your Arma 3 root directory:

32-Bit - C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/

64-Bit - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/

Add the mod to your launch options in the Shortcut properties

ie: -mod=@ShoulderTap;

Copy the userconfig folder into your Arma 3 root directory. If a userconfig folder already exists, copy "shouldertap" into the existing folder.

Configuration

The tap key can be defined in-game under Custom controls > Use Action 12.

This can be edited in the userconfig if need be.

Download

Download via Armaholic

Credits

ACE for the idea.

Please note: Addon and script versions do not conflict, so it is safe if both are run together.

Edited by GDSN

Thanks for the headsup about the new release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Does it work only in multiplayer or something? I tried it in singpleayer and it doesn't work at all. I tried pressing T, rebinding Custom Action 12, restarting the game - nothing works.

Does it work only in multiplayer or something? I tried it in singpleayer and it doesn't work at all. I tried pressing T, rebinding Custom Action 12, restarting the game - nothing works.

The mod was made for multiplayer scenarios. Out of curiosity, why would you need to tap AI on the shoulder?

The mod was made for multiplayer scenarios. Out of curiosity, why would you need to tap AI on the shoulder?

Just tried to test it with AI, that's all. Also, I just tried it out in multiplayer but it still doesn't work, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Probably a conflict with some other mod.

Just tried to test it with AI, that's all. Also, I just tried it out in multiplayer but it still doesn't work, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Probably a conflict with some other mod.

Both you and the person you're tapping (you heard me :p) must have the mod installed. This limitation could be removed, however it's likely to be abused.

You can run the script version on the server which will enable Shoulder Tap for everyone. Otherwise, the addon version can be used for those that don't want to add the script to every mission they play.

Edited by GDSN