Sign in to follow this  
odyseus

Texture and material question (problems)

Hello gang.

I come to you with yet another question, this time i m experimenting with importing a finished model into the game. I am running in to few issues.

1st my propeller texture seems ok at first but when i look through it object seems blue on the other side. Does anybody know it is wrong? I guest that is something with the alpha texture. Anyways

2st are the object that have applied material are not showing in game. in oxygen the material seems to be mission and showing on the texture window. Can someone walk me through this material steps.

Aww one more thing what is the best way to config a class turret of 2 guns .50 on a vehicle with a pilot and a gunner, where guns work together but independent on the amount ammo.

Thank you :D

Hello gang.

I come to you with yet another question, this time i m experimenting with importing a finished model into the game. I am running in to few issues.

1st my propeller texture seems ok at first but when i look through it object seems blue on the other side. Does anybody know it is wrong? I guest that is something with the alpha texture. Anyways

2st are the object that have applied material are not showing in game. in oxygen the material seems to be mission and showing on the texture window. Can someone walk me through this material steps.

Aww one more thing what is the best way to config a class turret of 2 guns .50 on a vehicle with a pilot and a gunner, where guns work together but independent on the amount ammo.

Thank you :D

anyone?

My guesses

1. Make sure you have no material texture applied to the propeller blur

2. Dont understand your problem

3. Its not possible to make them work "together" but have different amounts of ammo.

Alright, so here is it. Yes there are material texture applied to the propeller. I would like to apply this mateiral but i have not figured it out how to apply it on oxygen. I have imported model from Blender already with material defined. Is there a way to apply the material i defined in Blender on Oxygen? Thank you Sir Gnat! Could you let me know a good tutiral or maybe walk me through on this. Thank you! One more thing is there a way to make a airplane back up on its on?

whew! you are up to your neck in tough configs. ok here goes.

1. to define textures in O2.

-google some tutorials, but "E" is the face properties button

2. the blue texture issue

- highlight the faces that appear blue and go to top toolbar >> faces >> move top

3. there is almost always a way to make stuff work in Arma

- the reverse thrusters would require a script of some sort and depending on how much control you want the player to have over the amount of thrust determines the difficulty of the script.

4. guns moving together

- there may be a way, but ill need more specifics

- what type of plane are we dealing with here (you can PM if you dont wanna spoil the surprise)

- what do you mean by "work together"? move together? shoot together?

- highlight the faces that appear blue and go to top toolbar >> faces >> move top

- the reverse thrusters would require a script of some sort and depending on how much control you want the player to have over the amount of thrust determines the difficulty of the script.

4. guns moving together

- what type of plane are we dealing with here (you can PM if you dont wanna spoil the surprise)

Hello J0nes thank you for you help. But some how it did not work with the texture blue thing. Well it did but everytime i try to fix another part. it just mess it up the one i fix before. Is there another way guys? Thank you.

you might try highlighting everything and then doing the faces >> move top

Yes i did try and no lucky. I guess i will have to remove these materials since there is no way to import it from apply it right from blender into oxygen. Is this the only way to remove these material on Oxygen2?

Materials are defined in RVMAT files. The material (file) is assigned to faces within the face properties menu.

It can of corse be left blank.

Thank you Gnat. Hey listen man, I have made some changes to my config, and now my model airplane does not want to move on ground anymore. Do you know what could it be?

Thank you Gnat. Hey listen man, I have made some changes to my config, and now my model airplane does not want to move on ground anymore. Do you know what could it be?

Nevermind i got it. Now my only problem is the flash for the .50cal on the plane. can someone help this is what i have

class Muzzle_flash {

source = "ammorandom";

weapon = "BRAF_M3";

};

};

I am trying to make my 2 guns .50 call shot at the same time. Is it possible? how can i achieve that?

4. guns moving together

Hey Jones thank you man . I am working on a Super Tucano EMBRAER aircraft. It has 2 .50 guns on each side of the aircraft and at the moment it is on alternating fire mode,b ut the gun fire flash is some how working simultaneously.

I want the guns to fire shoots at the same times as the gun fire flash is. Is it possible?

Gnat;2575387']Are you using BIs own glass RVMAT?

If you are then the problems within your glass PAA.

Yes, I got the rvmat from the A10. How can i be sure it is the glass.paa and how can i fix it? Thank you .

Yes, I got the rvmat from the A10. How can i be sure it is the glass.paa and how can i fix it? Thank you .
PS Before i added the material the texture was ok in game. Any ideas?

Is that the ArmA2 RVMAT?

If you havent changed it its unlikely to work properly in A3.

Can you post your rvmat code here between some PHP tags?

Gnat;2575765']Is that the ArmA2 RVMAT?

If you havent changed it its unlikely to work properly in A3.

Can you post your rvmat code here between some PHP tags?

Thank you Sir Gnat. here you are:

ambient[]={1,1,1,1};
diffuse[]={1,1,1,1};
forcedDiffuse[]={0,0,0,0};
emmisive[]={0,0,0,1};
specular[]={1,1,1,0};
specularPower=1000;
PixelShaderID="Super";
VertexShaderID="Super";
class Stage1
{
texture="#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.5,0.5,1,1,NOHQ)";