Sign in to follow this  
ZertyKchan

GameSpy and number of servers in the game browser

Hello there.

For some reason since yesterday or so the gamelist is only showing about 500 ArmA 3 servers (there are actually about 1500 online).

So my first question is "Is it only for me or can someone confirm this strange behavior".

Another question it raises it on what criterion those servers are chosen (ping, nat, closest IRL), the thing is that sometime I want to play on a specific server, which could be outside of the "best" server list that ArmA or GameSpy have chosen.

I think It is really critical because now player have to go on the server websites or game server lists to grab the ip of the server they really want to play on.

Thank you for your attention and see you around.

The 500 servers are a limit put in by gamespy - i believe it came short after Dayz was overflowing the serverlist in arma2.

Changes was made by BIS to include geographic locations of where in the world servers was located. So the 500 servers you

are allowed to see will more or less be the servers closest to your own location. Your only option are to use filter (if you know

the name of the server you want to play on / or you know the mission name of the server you want to play on etc etc....

Yes the ingame serverbrowser sucks and are totally outdated, but as it is now - no servers can hold more than 15players and

still keep a descent server-fps for more than an hour, so A3 multiplayer will probably die within near future anyway.

The 500 limit was removed for a while, but came back recently for temporary amount of time.