Sign in to follow this  
tk11044

AAN Intro

Hello all,

I am making a campaign for single player and i would like the AAN intro in the first mission i have tried the way you do it in OA but no joy anyone got any clues?

Hello all,

I am making a campaign for single player and i would like the AAN intro in the first mission i have tried the way you do it in OA but no joy anyone got any clues?

I also would like to know how to do this.....

You need to create a control within a dialog as ST_PICTURE-style.

To run the video you need those additional lines in your control definition:

text = "path to your video.ogv";

autoplay = 1;

loops = 1;

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DialogControls-Text#Static_Videos

Thanks for the help. I have entered the scripts directly from that site and included my video class, however it won't play and freezes the game. Here is what I have:

class RscPicture

{

access = 0;

type = CT_STATIC;

idc = -1;

style = 48;//ST_PICTURE

colorBackground[] = {0,0,0,0};

colorText[] = {1,1,1,1};

font = "TahomaB";

sizeEx = 0;

lineSpacing = 0;

text = "";

fixedWidth = 0;

shadow = 0;

};

class dialog

{

class controls

{

class Intro {

text = "intro.ogv";

autoplay = 1;

loops = 0;

};

};

};

I was able to extract the AAN video from the campaign and I am trying to use it as an intro for my mission. I'm sure I have messed this coding up but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. File name ofcourse is intro.ogv

OK well i sorta forgot to add in that i am a complete noob at scripting and doing this sort of thing not the mission making aspect just the scripting part.

We have all been there at one time or another, don't feel bad that's why we help each other out. I still have not figured the above script code out yet but I do have the actual intro video file I just have something messed up in the scripting. I play with AiA and have gotten the A2OA AAN news scroll to work... I'll keep trying