Sign in to follow this  
AveryTheKitty

How do I make new units?

How do I make new units? I need to make 'em for a certain something I'm working on. Mainly though I need to find out how to get the PHP code, and scripting their inventory.

createUnit will achieve that. Look in Category:Scripting Commands Arma 3 list for commands you may need.

*note the scripting language in armaverse is SQF not PHP. (if you got that idea from the forum tags... ignore them, it is just a formating tag)

No, no, no. I mean script units that you spawn in the editor.

What I'm trying to ask is how to make new infantry units like these. And no I don't mean create them in the editor. I mean script new custom units using custom gear with custom weapons and using the British protocols. I've scripted a custom vehicle already, but I have no idea how to do Infantry men.

I really just need a template and some instructions for adding gear, protocols, etc.

Edited by Nightmare515

OK, I'm not retexturing anything, I have the Items I want to use, I just need help with the Config.cpp, making new factions, and setting up gear and protocols. Please supply a template or such in PhP code.

Edited by Nightmare515

You want to make new factions then BluFor, opFor and independent and overall new units?

You need to be more precise mate :)

OK, I'm not retexturing anything, I have the Items I want to use, I just need help with the Config.cpp, making new factions, and setting up gear and protocols. Please supply a template or such in PhP code.

those tutorials linked above do explain it, you might have to go into them and find the right section. also stop referring to PHP code it only adds to the confusion, the config is a .cpp file written in c++.

opening the arma 3 pbo's or using the config viewer in the editor to have a look at the default arma classes is your best bet