Sign in to follow this  
Spunned

Only adds 1 magazine to inventory, but adds all in editor

Hi

In the editor, i add all my magazines to my player / npc, but if i launch the mission on a server, they all carry only one magazine.

this addUniform "U_IG_Guerilla2_3"; 
this addHeadgear "H_Beret_red"; 
this unassignItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR"; 
this removeItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR"; 
removeAllWeapons this;
this addMagazines ["30Rnd_mas_545x39_mag", 5]; 
this addWeapon "arifle_mas_aks74";

at first i simply pasted the this addMagazine "30Rnd_mas_545x39_mag"; 5 times, but that didn't work either on the server, but in the editor.

Can anyone see what i'm doing wrong?

thanks for the help

---------- Post added at 10:47 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

Just figured it out.

Use a foreach statement to remove all the magazines the unit spawns with and THEN add the new ones.

here's the updated code:

sleep 5; this addUniform "U_O_OfficerUniform_ocamo"; this addHeadgear "H_Beret_red"; this unassignItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR"; this removeItem "NVGoggles_OPFOR"; removeAllWeapons this; {player removeMagazine _x} forEach magazines player; this addMagazines ["30Rnd_mas_545x39_mag", 8]; this addWeapon "arifle_mas_aks74";

Good solution if you wan't to remove all magazines of all types but there is another scripting command that allows you to remove all magazines of a certain type that wouldnt remove say... pistol magazines.

// This is okay if you need to remove every magazine of every type (including pistol)
{player removeMagazine _x} forEach magazines player;

// This is the best practice (it removes all magazines of a certain type - more precise - less things can go wrong here.)
player removeMagazines "magazine_classname_here"

I would always suggest adding the weapon's to the unit first - this way they will not have to reload (whether its AI or Players) - as the magazine will be placed in the weapon and the remaining 4 will be placed in the remaining storage of the unit (Uniform, Vest, and Backpack -- Im not sure as to the priority it decides to place them in these containers).

// Adding weapon first puts a magazine in the weapon when a compatible one is added.
this addWeapon "arifle_mas_aks74";  
this addMagazines ["30Rnd_mas_545x39_mag", 5];

Keep on scripting it only gets easier! ;)

Could always use the addweapon function. Also it will automatically add the magazines first so the unit will not go through the reloading animation.

[_unit, "arifle_MX_F" ,10 ,"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag"] call BIS_fnc_addWeapon;