Sign in to follow this  
H.Landa

How to make the mission not end

Well im playing i44 Mod and ive been learning how to map using the map editor well I was wondering if theres any way of making it like Wasteland but not in that manner I just want the mission to not end when I the (Host) gets killed causing the whole game to restart again is there anything in the editor I can do that please post anything or tuts that needs to be done to help my problem trying to make a Afrika Corps map.

Thanks in advance.

Well im playing i44 Mod and ive been learning how to map using the map editor well I was wondering if theres any way of making it like Wasteland but not in that manner I just want the mission to not end when I the (Host) gets killed causing the whole game to restart again is there anything in the editor I can do that please post anything or tuts that needs to be done to help my problem trying to make a Afrika Corps map.

Thanks in advance.

Make a basic respawn script? In the editor hit F6 or select Markers, then put down any marker (This will be where your unit respawns) and in the Name field put either: respawn_west (BLUFOR), respawn_east (OPFOR), respawn_guerrilla (Independent) or respawn_civilian depending on what faction your host's unit is. Then open a new Notepad, Notepad++ or ArmaEdit file (For ArmaEdit select Description file (.ext) ) and type in the following code:

respawn = "BASE"; // Just telling the game where to respawn you. The marker counts as BASE 
respawndelay = 10; // Amount of time before you respawn

(With ArmaEdit you dont need to worry about the next bit, just make sure it's saved as Description.ext and then save it wherever you want)

Notepad

Hit save as, name it Description.ext and save it to wherever you need it. You CANNOT create a text document (.txt) as it'll save the file as Description.ext.txt

What I prefer do do is to make a lot of units playable for the player so you can resume the mission from another perspective, even from the opposinf side, after having died.

All you need to do is make some units playable, just do not make the group leaders playable because that will make the whole group inactive after switching to another unit.