Sign in to follow this  
NavarreDR

[SP/CO-05] Operation Desert Panther

E3D336D5AC50680FA977BCAAC695CFB61F36EA12

As an Infantry Squad Leader, lead your team to destroy the enemy comms base in order to effectively rescue the hostages from the town of Abdera.

Survive. Adapt. Win.

This is my version of a mission created (on the fly w/ MCC) by SSgt Valentino of the 15th MEU Realism Unit.

After watching the following video by Jester814 http://bit.ly/1bSW7lH, I felt compelled to play this mission, so I set about building it. This is my first mission.

Thanks to Jester814 for his Arma 3 videos and

Thanks also goes out to the creators of =BTC= Revive.

Mission includes =BTC= Revive, allowing you to revive fallen team members by using first aid kits.

BTC Revive ONLY works in Multiplayer.

A Player must have a first aid kit to revive another player.

The only way to get someone 100% healed is by a medic with a Medkit.

Unlimited save games for single player.

Available from STEAM or direct download HERE

I hope you have as much fun playing it as I did creating and play-testing it. Constructive feedback is welcome.

--------------------------------------------------

1.1 Update

-Updated BTC Revive settings to turn off mobile respawn. This should fix the 'Undefined Variable _veh' error in multiplayer mode.

1.2 Update

-Added additional Satchel Charges to both trucks.

-Moved Greyhawk UAV so it can take off unassisted.

-Changed Rifleman position to Engineer so vehicles can be repaired.

-Added Toolkits to both trucks.

-Added Titan launcher and rockets to truck inventory.

-Helicopter support is now unlimited (as long as the helicopter is functional).

-Added Mobile Respawn ability on both trucks.

-Briefing and objectives should now be visible to all player slots.

navarrebmr001.jpg

Edited by NavarreDR
1.2 Update

Has anyone here had a chance to give this a try? Any suggestions for improvement?

One user on Steam was getting the following error: "undefined variable: _veh" flashing continuously from the beginning of the mission, but I am unable to rep the issue.

Would it help to make this available for download outside of the Steam workshop?

Thanks.

Yeah same here. Kindly provide a non-steam download link.

Thank you for the mission, we enjoyed it tonight.

I downloaded it by Steam, and there were no errors as you describe.

I think an engineer and jeep respawn needed. We broke and lost all transport units, used single heli-try, but nobody wanted to walk about 5 km to rescue hostages. So I closed session with unfinished mission.

New version uploaded - Added a few additional empty vehicles throughout the AO in case original transport is lost.

This is a great mission. I played it SP. Very immersive and the final clearing out of the town and hostage rescue is great.

Putting a silencer handgun on the first sentry was a brilliant for the stealth part of the clearing.

Edited by MissionCreep

Okay for some reason the hostages don't join my group when I find them, even though the game sez they joined my group. I don't suppose you could email me a version of the mission where I start out already with the hostages in my group and will just have to extract to the airfield? :D

Edited by BF2_Trooper

As the last mission of yours I played, this is a though beast, and while I liked the fight for the radio mast very much, I am now at a loss how to find the hostages without UAVs and survive the fight through Abdera. Guess I have to re-try using the UAV to stand any chance.