Sign in to follow this  
fun|sniper

Arma 3 Randomize Sector Help

Hello,

I am making a domination (type of) map. I was wondering if there was a way to have sectors (gamelogic) automatically and randomly picked. I was also wondering if there was a way not to spawn all enemies at the beginning of map start. Finally, I was wondering how to get the sector marker colors not appear until randomized activation of the gamelogic. Thanks for your help in advance, and so you know I am an intermediate editor not an expert. Sorry for asking so much but I would like to try and keep it to one thread.

Game: Arma 3

Mission type: Sector Capture/Domination (gametype)

Regards/thanks,

FUN|Sniper

Never used the sectir modules. Would it be possible to place all the sectors and just delete random ones instead?

No, probably not. I have some code but it is not working. deadunits = 0;

SMunits = [];

sectorup = false;

_sectors = ["d_target_0","d_target_1","d_target_2","d_target_3","d_target_4","d_target_5","d_target_6","d_target_7","d_target_8","d_target_9","d_target_11","d_target_12","d_target_13","d_target_14","d_target_15","d_target_16"]

while {true} do {

waitUntil {!sectorup};

_sectorselected = _sectors call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

_sectors = _sectors - [_sectorselected];

_random = round(random 3) + 1;

for "_i" from 0 to _random do

{

_randomPos = [[[getPos _sectorselected, random 300 + 200]],["water","out"]] call BIS_fnc_randomPos;

_spawnGroup = [_randomPos, EAST, (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "OPF_F" >> "Infantry" >> "OIA_InfTeam")] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

nul = [_spawnGroup,getpos _sectorselected, random 400 + 300] call BIS_fnc_taskPatrol;

{_x addEventHandler ["Killed",{deadunits = deadunits + 1}];} foreach units _spawnGroup;

SMunits = SMunits + (units _spawnGroup);

};

_hint format ["Clear sector %1",_sectorselected];

sectorup = true;

sleep 2;

waitUntil {deadunits > count SMunits / 2};

sectorup = false;

if (count _sectors < 1) exitWith {hint "You have cleared all sectors. Mission Complete."; sleep 5; "END1" call BIS_fnc_endMission; };

hint format ["Sector %1 cleared.",_sectorselected];

deadunits = 0;

{deletevehicle _x} foreach SMunits;

SMunits = [];

};

Never used the sectir modules. Would it be possible to place all the sectors and just delete random ones instead?