Sign in to follow this  
PMC Blackwater

Getting a Mod working with User Mission

Hello.

First i want to say that iam from germany and i want to excuse for my probably bad english.

Second point is that i want to ask how i can get Mod's (vehicles like the F18 / Weapons/ VAS ) working with user missions (like Invade & Annex).

So how do I deploy them in this missions?

how do I get them into?

how can I make them respawn etc?

I dont think that its just starting up my server with the mission and the Mods am I right? I will have to combine those anyway?

Please help me somehow because I got no experience in this at all.

There are only some things that I dont like in this missions and I want them to change or to implement them.

Same is for Maps and some Smarter Objects laying around in the base. (or to specialize the mission for my own team (own specified Base etc.)

Is there any Site which explains the scripting of the missions to me?

I now I will have to ask them before I change their missions for my own server. This is completly clear.

But first of all I would like to know if this is possible at any point?

If you get permission to modifiy a mission, you just have to place the custom vehicle on the map and also modify the respwan script by adding the new vehicles classname.

But how do I place it?

I install the Mod. But how do I Modify the mission?

And does everybody see this because its on the server or does everyone have to have this Mod?

I`d like everybody can see it?

Update: Ok well I know how to place them now. But same question if i host this mission on my Server then. How do I have to work an the respawn script? Is it an normal Arma3 script or do i have to download anywhere?

and does everybody see it then?

Edited by PMC Blackwater

There's so many methods of respawning vehicles there's no way we'd know without seeing the actual mission.

The mission will be downloaded to players automatically upon connecting, but they'd have to have the vehicle addOn already part of their game before that point. The respawn scripts are part of the mission.

I'd just want it to respawn about 3 Minutes after it was killed. Respawn on the same place it was standing on Mission start.

And maybe another Question. How do I play objects like a Map of Altis ON a table? Whats the init for it?

Edited by PMC Blackwater