Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

How to temporarily disable weapon pool (in campaign)?

Hello guys, can you help me with that...

I'm making a campaign in which I use the weapon pool (pass weapons to the next mission briefing).

But there is one mission in which I don't want to use the weapon pool because the player gets a special gear which he has to give back at the end of that mission (and take his old equipment again).

I managed to disable the pool by clearing it ( clearMagazinePool; clearWeaponPool; ), but when I need it again, it's completely gone.

So how can I temporarily disable the weapon pool or copy its content and "paste" it again later?

Thanks for your help!

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Command_Group:_Weapon_Pool

Taking a look at the above, there seem to be very little commands surrounding the weapon pool. Personally, I've never worked with it, but "saveStatus" and "loadStatus" seem to do something. Unfortunately, there's very little documentation available for either, and I'm not sure if you've been playing around with these, but you might want to, anyway.

Well, savestatus definitely goes in the right direction. I found this thread as well which gives some good information: link

But as far as I understand it, saveStatus and loadStatus won't make the gear of the last mission available in the briefing of the next mission but only add the stuff to the unit. Do you know a way to make the equipment appear in the weapon selection of the briefing?

Hmm. As I said, I've never used any of the stuff, so it's just some ideas. What if you saveStatus, extract the weapons and magazines from the objects.sav, and insert it with the respective weaponPool commands?