Sign in to follow this  
xtrshadow

Model is invisible ingame

Hello,

I'm new to making mods here :)

So,

•I exported a model from 3ds max with both .3ds and .obj and imported in O2.

•I Duplicated the base LOD.. up to 8.000, created the geometry LOD and the landcontact LOD too and saved to .p3d.

Didn't bother with the memory lods, fire, shadows etc since I'm testing,

•also I got a config.cpp in there and binarized..

•The pbo was created and logs didn't show any errors except some texture related stuff.

Then I imported the addon in game, I am able to see it in the editor, including the icon and proper category but when I try putting it in the map... it just doesn't appear?

I cant even collide with it :(

Can someone help me please?

Seems ok, but the devil is always in the detail

Previewed in Buldozer?

Whats you're config look like?

Which log, the BinPBO log?

How about your ArmA RPT log?

Hi Gnat,

•Yes I did Preview it in Buldozer and turned out fine except for some inverted stuff, but I fixed those by pressing W.

•My config is a simple one, it only has stuff like sides, vehicle type etc.. no fancy stuff, just to get it in game that's all, I will post my config later on since I don't have my pc available.

•Yes, the BinPBO log is what I referred to, didn't check ArmA RPT to be honest...

I have good news though;

I tried splitting my model into 2, and just imported the lower part in oxygen. Did the usual stuff, kept the same config and created the pbo. It Worked, model is visible ingame :)

when I try loading the upper part in game, it wont show not even if I merged with the lower part.. but yes its visible in bulldozer.

I will post more info soon,

thanks for your time Gnat :)

OK good

Too many vertex / faces.

With too many, just because its visible in Buldozer, doesnt guarantee ingame works