Sign in to follow this  
Metabar0n

[COOP] Operation: Last King

Hi everybody!

I'd like to share with you my second mission that I have just finished. Basically, everything is finished but I'm sure there is still a lot to do for me.

So what is Operation: Last King about?

This is a 9-player coop-mission set in the fictitious nation East-Ghania.

"After a failed coup d'état, the small western african nation East-Ghania is in turmoil. Rebel groups are controlling parts of the country. The government fails to regain control. UN-personnel is in danger and about to leave the country. Fugitives arrive at the capital reporting of terrible massacres in the rebel controlled villages.

The 75th Ranger Regiment has sent a team to East-Ghania on a search for evidence of warcrimes supposedly committed by the warlord Azimbe."

Some mission features are:

- insertion and extraction of the Rangers team via helicopter

- no respawn in order to provide more immersion and atmosphere

- dynamic patroling of opposing forces (using Kronzky's "Urban Patrol Script")

- edited weaponry and equipment based on massi's fantastic addon and U.S. Army Rangers web research

You will need the following MODS to play this mission:

- Community Base addons A3

- NATO SF\RUSSIAN SPETSNAZ WEAPONS FOR A3 by massi

- USSOCOM RANGERS, NAVY SEALs DEVGRU and DELTA for A3 by massi

- AFRICAN CONFLICT ADDON for A3 by massi

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

This is my second mission, and as I'm trying to improve in mission editing, I highly depend on your feedback. Please contact me about bugs, trigger-issues, mission difficulty (More enemies? Less enemies?), etc.

I think basically this mission works and provides a good playground for cooperative gameplay, but when it comes to little details, I need the experience and feedback of the players in the community. So give it a try, leave comments, contact me - and I can further adjust and improve this mission.

Version: 0.1 (mission completed, needs testing and feedback)

Download via Steam Workshop

Thank you in advance for your help!

changes v0.2:

- edited a hint message that appears during the mission

- changed the ranks of the Ranger squad members

- took out respawn, that shouldn't have been there in the first place

I tested the mission in multiplayer mode playing it solo with NPC squad members. It works completely from start to the end with every trigger and task working, exfiltration included. I would love to hear feedback from people who actually have played it with other human players! ;)