Sign in to follow this  
JaggedAl556

Ultimate chess

Ive been playin Arma series since it came out . Im intrested in military and strategic games so i checked every possible "Tom Clancys" and there were many good coop and TDM style modes. CQB, MOUT, LRRP....and then i found Warfare. Its like ultimate package all off those acronyms i mentioned even some games do them better. You try to flush enemy out those strongholds , you try capture city with infantry, you try infiltrate inside enemy base with small team. Warfare brought moreover spectacular tank fights, CAS attacks and indirect shelling. Some server mods added WMDs but they were really poorly modded. I know Real Virtuality game engine has some physics limit but is it possible to add Arma 3 strategic assets similar in World in Conflict and really nuke enemy out of map with scorched ground. Counterbalance this

FOBs and strongholds could have underground bunker networks which have command centers to use strategic weapons/assets and enemy opfor have to storm those to stop enemy using them/capturing something.

So Warfare in Arma2 is quite good now but yould take it to further in Arma3 so we get some really strategic perspective to this like in World in Conflict.

Warfare really is something, especially benny's edition in ArmA 3. Not sure if there are any better ones out there yet, but if there are let me know! So far am having a blast on what it can offer, especially commanding my own squad and lead an attack with them. Most people just go with tanks and such, but they're such a hassle just too easy to lose if going in alone. And a lot of people fail to realize the full potential of AI on the maps too. I however love to bring a squad of AI with me and set up ambush spots with static AT launchers and so forth on hilltops and what not. Not to mention the lovely mines along important routes hahah.

Here's my take ...

ArmA 3 will have to be exercised for awhile before well-balanced (good quality) TvT warfare missions are introduced.

There is also a major problem with PvP, TvT right now, IMO.

3rd Person is not competitive.

But 1st Person is not realistic right now unless you have TrackIR. 1st Person in vehicles is also silly right now. ie. driving a tank/apc in first person. completely unrealistic and gimped with that dumb little box window.

We need legitimate and workable 1st Person for TvT to be competitive, and right now ... it needs some work.

The AI can also be quite crafty if you give it room to maneuver.